Administrative Assistant / Office Administrator
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Northenden, Manchester
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Job type: Permanent, Full time
The Company are looking to recruit an Administrative Assistant to provide office and reception support in a busy legal environment. You will be doing a variety of tasks from general administration duties, like processing the post, to meeting and greeting clients. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented administrator to progress their career forward within a professional environment.
They are a top 200 Law firm that specialises in personal injury. They cover every area of personal injury including public liability, occupier's liability, road traffic accidents, employer's liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence matters.
The Company is LEXCEL and Law Society accredited and are a Legal 500 Leading Firm for both Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Six of their Partners are members of the Law Society Specialist Personal Injury Panel and one of them is a member of the Law Society Specialist Clinical Negligence Panel.
- Sorting, scanning and franking of mail
- Reception duties, including answering telephones in a polite and professional manner
- Administration support, such as typing, filing, faxing, photocopying
- Manual handling - lifting heavy boxes, moving furniture etc.
- Making refreshments
- Ensuring meeting rooms are prepared
- Filling and emptying dishwashers
- Completing checklists on a daily / weekly basis as instructed
- Watering plants
- Ordering stationery
- Errands, such as buying milk for the office
- Helping to keep the office tidy
- Other ad hoc duties as required
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above
- Administrative experience
- Experience of working in a customer-facing role
- Experience of dealing with customers on the telephone
- Reception/Switchboard experience
- NVQs or qualifications in business administration
- Experience of working in a law or legal services firm
- The starting salary for Admin Assistants is the national minimum wage.
- Standard working hours are 9am-6pm Monday-Thursday and 9am to 5:30pm Friday.
- 20 days holiday, rising 1 day per year to a max of 23 days, plus bank/public hols. In addition the office is closed between Christmas and New Year and you are not required to use your holiday entitlement for this period
- 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service
- Private medical insurance available after 2 years' service
- Death In Service - 2 x salary based on annual salary only - eligibility commences when you join the company
- Active social committee, firm pays for trips to e. Bowling, Chester Races, Christmas party, Summer Barbecue
- Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24 hour helpline, Legal info and CBT - available immediately
- Free fruit delivered twice a week
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Administrator, Office Assistant, General Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Office Support, Office Admin, Business Support Administrator, Office Administrator, Administrative Assistant, Admin Assistant, Business Support Admin, Business Administration Assistant, Business Admin Assistant will also be considered for this role.