Hickory’s are fanatical about flames; silly about smokers and utterly obsessed with the smells, tastes and traditions of the Deep South. We are a small but perfectly formed group of authentic barbecue style restaurants who live and breathe the values of southern USA hospitality…
We are currently on the hunt for an experienced Head Chef. You will be responsible for the day to day running of the kitchen, as well as doing rotas, stocks and management of the kitchen team. Our successful Head Chef must be hands on and lead by example demonstrating the ability to motivate and lead a team.
You will oversee an enthusiastic and hardworking team delivering a quality service to a high standard. The Head Chef will have strong leadership and training skills, high standards and good knowledge of back of house systems. We are looking for career driven professional people who are passionate about customer service, quality food and drink and are willing to go the extra mile to make our customer experience special.
Essential requirements of a Hickory’s Head Chef:
- Previous experience in a similar role within a fast-paced restaurant environment
- Developing and training the kitchen team to a high standard to maximise both food service and bottom line profits
- Working to Labour budgets
- Ordering and stock controls
- Flexible and adaptable
- Food hygiene and health and safety knowledge and certificates
- Strong passion for food and for customer satisfaction
- Ability to lead and inspire a team
- Possess excellent organisational skills, be flexible and adaptable in your approach to work and you should be reliable and punctual
You will need to be a hard-working team player with an eye for detail and a real desire to provide great service in all aspects of our business. You will have all the relevant experience and bags of enthusiasm, together with a fun personality and the ability to communicate well.
To the successful candidate we will offer:
- Company pension scheme
- Free team food when on shift
- 20% off for you and 3 friends in all of our venues
- Competitive rates of pay
- A free meal for you plus 3 friends on your Birthday
- A bike to work scheme
- 28 days holiday
- Inspirational team trips (from Margate to Mississippi)
If you are ready for a new challenge, have experience in a high volume quality food operation, are professional, self-motivated and available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week then we would like to hear from you!