We currently have rewarding opportunities to work as a Childcare Assistant at our Chichester or Bersted First Steps Nurseries on a full time basis offering a salary of £16,880 per annum.
Chichester First Steps is a full day care nursery situated on the campus of Chichester College, within walking distance of the town centre. The purpose-built nursery not only has specially designed rooms, its own dedicated nursery gardens and excellent resources but also benefits from the extensive range of facilities the college has to offer, including on-site parking, a state of the art sports centre, restaurants, café and playing fields. The nursery received ‘outstanding’ in every category at its last Ofsted inspection.
Bersted First Steps is a full day care nursery situated in the unique setting of a former public house. The nursery has two specially designed areas for our Caterpillars (babies and toddlers) and Butterflies (children preparing to start school). Both areas offer resources and activities designed to enable the children to explore and investigate the world around them, with all day access to their own nursery garden.
About our Childcare Assistant role
Working with young babies through to children ready to start school, you will be dedicated to providing the highest level of care and education, whilst, together with our dedicated team, ensuring the children are learning, socialising, exploring and having fun..
Responsibilities as our Childcare Assistant
- Ensure that the children are happy, settled and well cared for.
- Be a key worker for named children and to plan for individual needs and to keep accurate records.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the children’s individual needs are met, and ensure that every child reaches their full potential.
- Work as part of a team to ensure effective and appropriate communication with parents, carers, members of staff and external agencies.
- Ensure health, hygiene and safety standards are maintained.
- Assist with all activities in the nursery as requested by senior staff.
- Respect and maintain the working environment and resources.
- Adhere to all First Steps operational policies and procedures.
Our ideal Childcare Assistant will have the below skills and experience:
- A recognised Level 2 and/or Level 3 (or equivalent) qualification in Early Years, Care and Education
- Enthusiastic, organised and flexible
- Previous experience of working in a childcare setting
- A current First Aid certificate is desirable
Please state clearly in your application if you would like to be considered for Chichester, Bersted or both.
We also have variable hours ‘bank’ vacancies at all our sites.
Closing date: Thursday 2nd August 2018
Interviews will take place during week commencing 13 August 2018
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Childcare Assistant then please click ‘Apply’ today!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists, any relevant overseas checks and a self-declaration relating to the disqualification by association regulations.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.