Support Worker - Ware
Hours: 32 hrs/week
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £14,560 per annum
Origin Housing is a provider of affordable housing and care and support services in London and Herts. We own and manage over 6,000 homes and customers, have a turnover of over £45 million and aim to provide great homes and build strong communities.
Generous Benefits that include:
- 25 days annual leave, rising each year to 29 (pro rata for part time staff)
- Annual staff Event
- Child Care Vouchers
- Interest free loans for travel season ticket / gym / work related study
- Discounted health scheme
This role involves developing warm and trusting relationships with people with learning disabilities and we are looking for you to provide support to people living in the community. If you feel that you can make a real difference to the more vulnerable in society, adding value to peoples’ lives and working with them to achieve their goals then this role is for you.
- You will have excellent listening and communication skills, be enthusiastic and resourceful, and be willing to learn and develop good practice, working as part of a team to deliver high quality support service.
- Confident to lone work after in-depth induction.
- Need to demonstrate a good standard of written, verbal and numeric skills, as well as good basic IT skills.
- You will liaise with internal and external agencies and advocate on behalf of the service users where required.
You will be required to work early and late shifts, alternate weekends and take part in the on-call service.
Origin is committed to developing individuals in their role and we provide a tailored training package to ensure that your statutory and individual needs are met so that you can excel in your role.
We have been accredited with the Investors in People symbol and the two tick’s disability symbol which recognizes our commitment to good practice in employing people with disabilities.
Origin is committed to equality and diversity and values the diversity of the communities we work in. We aim to have a workforce that reflects this and therefore encourage applications from all areas of the community.
To give yourself the best chance – when completing the application, please ensure that you address the key requirements of the role, including relevant examples of how you have met them. These key requirements will be found in the role profile.
Please contain this information to no more than two pages. If you do not do this, you will not be shortlisted.
This role is also subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
Closing date: 22nd July 2018
Interview date: 1st August 2018