Second Cook for Nursing Home Required
Newford Nursing Home requires a second cook.
Experience essential. 29.5 hours per week.
- organisational and time management skills
- excellent communication and number skills
- the ability to stay calm under pressure
Your day-to-day tasks will vary with your role, but may include:
- preparing attractive menus to nutritional standards
- controlling and ordering stock and inspecting it on delivery
- gutting and preparing animals and fish for cooking
- scraping and washing large quantities of vegetables and salads
- cooking and presenting food creatively
- monitoring production to maintain quality and consistent portion sizes
- working under pressure to make sure food is served on time
- keeping to hygiene, health and safety and licensing rules
You’ll need knowledge of allergens, nutrition and diets.
Apply for Cook
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly