Analytics and Insights Lead
Analytics and Insights Lead
Roles available across England
Ofcom is the independent regulator and competition authority for the UK communications industries. We regulate the TV, radio, fixed-line telecoms, mobile telecoms and postal sectors, plus the radio spectrum which enables wireless devices to operate.
About the Job
Evidence-based development is at the core of our approach to digital. Our Analytics and Insights Lead builds the evidence to ensure the website meets the needs of all our users.
On a day-to-day basis you will make sure that our data and tools provide insights that help us develop and continually improve our web offer. You will understand our users and how to improve their journeys, oversee the delivery of new projects and monitor and improve the digital experience.
The role sits within the Digital and Creative team, who are responsible for developing, supporting and leading on our communication channels and their content. Our website receives more than a million page views a month and helps us reach out to consumers and businesses with a wealth of information.
Please provide a statement on how you meet the core responsibilities of the role.
What you will be doing
- Review and implement data and analytics tools to make sure the right suite of tools are in place to provide insights for a program of website improvement
- Work with the Digital Manager to set goals and targets for content and to ensure that significant changes to Ofcom’s website are user-tested and have a measurement plan in place
- Understand our users and their journeys, monitoring and improving these by suggesting new content and development projects and ensuring ongoing projects are fit for purpose
- Work alongside the Digital Manager to undertake usability research and ensure the appropriate governance channels are in place
- Develop reporting processes, procedures and platforms, run reports and provide training as required
- Collate various sources of Ofcom data, from surveys to user feedback and social data to suggest actionable insights
- Be a source of expertise within digital projects, ensuring delivered requirements meet user needs and collaborate across Ofcom
- Publish material using our content management system (CMS) as required to ensure our website and associated sites are updated in a timely and professional manner and meet user needs
- Review and support the development of apps and other digital services
- Negotiate and liaise with third party agencies to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Attend meetings and represents the Digital and Creative team both internally and externally
- Collaborate across all areas of Ofcom to ensure the best outcome for the website in particular with ICT colleagues
- Occasional out-of-hours working may be required.
Essential Skills / Experience
- Experience of working with web analytical tools such as Google Analytics/Data studio, Google optimize survey tools and of interpreting their insights
- Experience of working with UX tools, Hot Jar, What Users Do, card sort, prototyping/wireframing tools etc
- Experience of maintaining analytics software, user management and Google tag Manager
- Demonstrable experience of using analytics and insights to improve the user experience
- Experience of working with and understanding of UX principles and application across digital channels with evidence of an improvement in the user experience
- Experience of using content management systems for digital publishing and development of large websites
- Experience of providing expertise in digital projects including Apps
- Good project management skills
- Experience of HTML, CSS, Office 365
- Experience of email marketing and using software such as Dot.Mailer, Campaign Monitor etc
- Good understanding and experience of delivering SEO techniques and the benefits to the user experience
- An understanding of change management issues and how to demonstrate the Ofcom values of excellence, agility, collaboration and empowerment
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Appreciation of and desire to promote Ofcom's values of excellence, agility, empowerment and collaboration
Desirable Skills / Experience
- A working knowledge of the media and communications sectors
- Good understanding of CRM and integration with frontend website delivery
- Adobe Creative Suite (Cloud) and prototyping/wireframing tools
- Knowledge of social monitoring tools and their data
- Understanding of tools such as Siteimprove, SEO Moz
Closing date: 25th July 2018
To apply for the role of Analytics and Insights Lead, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Analytics and Insights Lead, Digital Analytics Lead, Digital Insights Lead, Digital Insight Manager, Web Analytics Lead, UX Designer, UI Designer.