Development Technician - Elastomer/Rubber Manufacture
Technetics Aerospace Elastomer Solutions business designs and manufactures precision elastomer seals and components for airframe and engine applications in the global Aerospace market. We have the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting applications within the industry that you regularly hear about in the news.
We are looking for a motivated and dedicated individual to join our Leicester team in the role of Development Technician. In this position, you’ll define, develop and document the manufacturing process for new products as part of the Technical team. The role will be a ‘hands-on’ position, requiring you to build products, create manufacturing specifications and train others in the manufacture of these products.
You will provide support to the Engineering department with new product launch, problem solving and process improvement as well as supporting document change and control. This exciting role will provide the opportunity to use your production/operations experience to grow your career into a design, process improvement or materials role while being part of a dynamic, driven and growth oriented organisation.
In this role, your key responsibilities will be:
- To work as part of the new product introduction team supporting activities such as assessments and reviews
- Defining manufacturing processes using manual techniques to develop new processes
- Writing manufacturing specifications
- Improvement and redevelopment of existing designs and processes
- Implement engineering change requests
- Support Operations colleagues with resolving in-process & tooling issues
- Support the standardization of processes
- Evaluate product non-conformances and recommend design modifications.
- As a member of cross-disciplinary teams, create and release Product Requirements, Design Specifications and Design Descriptions for assigned projects, as required by applicable aerospace standards and internal procedures.
- Interact with manufacturing resources to support design for manufacturability, reliability and cost-effectiveness.
- Champion continuous improvement in Safety, Quality, Cost, and Delivery, as well as participate as a cross-functional team member in pursuing assigned initiatives to a successful and timely conclusion.
- Significant technical knowledge & practical experience of elastomer (rubber) processing, forming practices and associated production equipment.
- Good Maths & English skills – ability to read drawing measurements and create/complete documentation effectively.
- Ability to work to safety and quality standards.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings is desirable but not essential.
- Good computer skills required.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to collaborate across departments
- Ability to establish and document critical information in work instructions.
- Problem-solving attitude is essential, knowledge of basic problem solving techniques would be preferable but not essential.
- Proactive and positive attitude towards continuous and process improvement.
Technetics Group is part of EnPro Industries, a $2B global diversified manufacturer with more than 5,000 employees worldwide and over 50,000 customers in 100+ countries. We’re widely known for our Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility and individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect.
We offer generous benefits and competitive compensations packages that reward on target performance and profitable growth. Please apply to learn more about this exciting opportunity.