Nettlebed Hospice, Henley-on-Thames
Are you an NMC registered nurse? Want to develop a rewarding career with a recognised national charity? If so, this is an amazing opportunity to develop your knowledge in palliative care and work across a range of palliative services.
Sue Ryder provides incredible hospice and neurological care to people facing a life-changing or terminal diagnosis. We do whatever we can to act as a safety net for our patients and their loved ones during the most difficult time of their lives.
We’re a national charity and with the help of our 11,000 volunteers, 450 shops, our dedicated staff and supporters, we provided over 2.5 million hours of care last year.
Now, we are calling on Registered Nurses (RGN) to join our amazing hospice in-patient and palliative care community team at a very exciting time for Sue Ryder South Oxfordshire.
Our Nettlebed Hospice in Henley-on-Thames offers an in-patient unit and day services for people aged 18 and over who are living with conditions like cancer, heart failure and lung disease.
- Salary of up to £26,598, with night, weekend and public holiday salary enhancements
- Mileage payable at 45p per mile
- Continuation of NHS pension
- Private pension scheme matched at 5%
- Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
- Referral scheme of up to £1,000
- Carer’s leave policy
- 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
- PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services
- Staff discounts of 15% at the Sue Ryder online shop
- Childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme
- Staff loans and company car loans
- Free parking and subsidised meals
- Wellbeing centre and free will writing service
- Development opportunities for all through our structured development framework
- 25 days’ holiday (rising to 30 with service) plus Bank Holidays
As a Registered Nurse, you will care for patients on our ward at Nettlebed Hospice and in people’s homes as part of our exciting new hospice at home service across South East and West Oxfordshire.
In this key role, you will:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised care using evidence-based guidelines
- Maintain high standards of care delivery by working collaboratively within regulatory body standards and the Sue Ryder Quality Governance Policy
- Provide support, leadership appraisal and supervision to team members as appropriate
- Act as an ambassador of Sue Ryder to service users and their relatives, colleagues and members of the public
To join our team, you’ll need:
- To be an NMC registered nurse, ideally with post-registration experience in palliative end of life care
- A compassionate and people-centred approach
- Excellent communication skills
Other organisations may call this role Registered Nurse, Staff Nurse, RGN, Registered General Nurse, Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Palliative Care Nurse or Senior Nurse.
Sue Ryder are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
It takes a special sort of person to join our team so if you could see yourself as one of our Registered Nurses, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.