An Excellent opportunity for an Experienced Quantity Surveyor/Estimator to join a well-established company based in Kent!
The Role: Quantity Surveyor/Estimator
If you are an ambitious Quantity Surveyor/Estimator looking to make your mark on a small but dynamic and busy construction company, look no further. This hands-on role focuses on tendering for FRC works, groundworks, basements, RC frames, bridge structures and more.
The company offer a competitive salary and benefits package based on experience, with an excellent work life balance. You will work with a very driven, motivated and fun team on a variety of interesting projects in all fields.
- Producing detailed tenders & take-offs
- Estimating costs, cost planning and creating cost reports throughout the delivery of projects
- Preparing applications for payment, reconciliation of valuations and costs
- Managing client relationships
- Carrying out of site measurements of works in progress, including negotiations and agreements with clients for valuation of remeasured works
- Advising on contract compliance
- Identifying and managing risk as well as situations that can create exposure to risk and notifying teams accordingly
- Attendance of site progress meetings and general project control
- Liaison with Contracts Manager/Project Manager and recording delivery of works
- Financial control of variations to contracts
- Supporting the Managing Director when required
- Detailed understanding of main construction forms of contract
Your experience includes:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor/Estimator with either main contractor or sub-contractor (preferred)
- Education to minimum HNC but a relevant degree and professional accreditation would be desirable
- Working in a previous client facing role
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and MS Project
- Working with e-tendering, contract administration, accounting and data sharing portals
Your skills include:
- Motivated self-starter
- Always working to the highest standard
- Leadership and team engagement/management
- High level of understanding of risk management
- Cost management
This full-time position is based in Maidstone, Monday to Friday (freelance/salaried). In return the company is offering a very competitive salary of £40,000 - £55,000 Per annum.
If you feel that you have the relevant skills/attributes to fulfil this role then please apply now!