You will be part of a team that aids the smooth running of plant returns / despatches. The Yard Person will ensure that incoming plant is washed, inspected and placed in the correct designated area and that plant going out on hire has been washed, checked by fitters and has the correct documentation (PDI and/or Insurance Certificate).
The Yard Person will report directly to the Head Yard Person and Workshop & Yard Compliance Manager.
- Liaise with the Head Yard Person and/or Workshop & Yard Compliance Manager on a daily basis to confirm order of priority of plant to be washed.
- Action all picking lists distributed to the Yard Persons, either by email or hard copy. This includes ensuring picking the correct plant items, attaching any required documents and placing in the designated area.
- Liaising with the Hire Desk to confirm when plant is ready for despatch or to arrange a cross hire if plant is not available.
- Ensuring all plant is washed, refuelled and damages notified.
- Placing plant in the correct designated areas dependant on status along with accessories.
- Replenishing missing or unreadable printed fleet numbers on all plant as and when required.
- Assisting the Drivers with the loading / unloading of the plant and checking that the appropriate run sheets / delivery notes are signed and handed back to the Transport Manager or Workshop Compliance Manager.
- Recording of damages or other information advised by the Drivers on the contract paperwork, including diamond blade wear.
- Keeping the yard clear, tidy and safe from obstructions that may cause injury to fellow workers and / or members of the public.
- To keep rubbish in the designated areas, with safe disposal on a regular basis.
- Comply with the groups health, safety & environmental policies.
Skills and Specifications
- Should be bodily fit and have the ability to lift weighty goods and materials.
- Should have the ability to conduct all assigned work and tasks competently.
- Should be a team player and have the capacity to synchronise with associates.