House Keeper / Cleaning Supervisor and Facilities Assistant
House Keeper / Cleaning Supervisor and Facilities Assistant (ref: HK1)
Salary Grade Point: 25 to 28 starting at £22,658-£24,964 per annum
Contract type: Permanent 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 12.00 – 19.30
HARP is a Southend-on-Sea charity working to prevent homelessness and help vulnerable and socially excluded people to transform their lives. Each day our staff work with individuals to tackle the underlying causes of homelessness, such as poor mental health or drug and alcohol dependency. From supporting people in crisis to helping them take the final steps towards independence and employment, we make a difference to over 1,000 lives every year.
HARP is currently recruiting for a House Keeper Cleaning Supervisor and Facilities Assistant to join our property team.
The property team maintains and continuously upgrades the charities facilities and stock.
The team successfully works in conjunction with the operations team and has very strong and close links with a number of the charities teams. This ensures efficient and effective facilities management and building up keep.
Reporting into the Property Manager, the post holder will:
- Work alongside the Operations and Service Managers plus the team at The Bradbury Centre in York Road and other HARP sites to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness on site including actual hands on cleaning as required
- To be responsible for the managing and supervising of cleaning operatives, volunteers and those temporary replacement operatives provided by outside agencies. Plus the correct issue of risk assessments, and method statements to those operatives and to ensure they have read and understood and comply with those assessments and methods.
- To play an proactive role in the management of the building and how service users, Staff and visitors make use of the building and there many facilities
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Demonstrable level of experience supervising staff on a supervisor/management level.
- Ability to manage difficult situations, and deal with them calmly, efficiently and effectively.
- A good knowledge of the Cleaning and Sanitary HSE regulations and industry guidance on public building cleaning
- Writing skills – The ability produce reports assessments and clear instructions including purchase orders
In return we offer:
- A Competitive Salary
- Where appropriate paid eye test plus up to £55 towards the cost of new glasses or lenses
- Career Development Opportunities
- The opportunity to make a real difference
HARP will provide you with excellent support and training to carry out your role effectively, and to develop your career. Our starting benefits package includes 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, a contributory pension scheme and the opportunity to work with colleagues that strive to transform lives.
If you are interested in this position, the job description, person specification and the application form can be found on our website using the “Get Involved” tab and then “Careers”
Closing date: 2nd August 2018 (noon)
Shortlisting: 7th August 2018
Interview date: 14th August 2018
Charity No: 1098126 Registered Provider of Social Housing no.4742
HARP is an Equal Opportunities Employer