1st Line Helpdesk Agent
Atos is a global leader in digital services and provides Cloud Computing, Software & Systems Integration, Big Data & Security solutions within multiple sectors.
As part of the service offering to their clients, Atos provide world class customer support solutions.
As technology becomes more complex the need for exceptional talent increases.
We have some exciting entry level opportunities working at Atos. We are looking for passionate and driven individuals who are keen to forge a career within the Information Technology Services industry. Atos pride themselves on hiring, growing and retaining the very best talent, and we are therefore looking for candidates who want a career rather than a short-term assignment.
Full time position for 37 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
You must be flexible for working hours between 0700-1900 on a 4-week shift rota.
Rate of pay is £9.10p/hr
33 days Annual Leave – after 12-week service
Access to Adecco Lifestyle benefits
Reward and Recognition Programme
Long term (ongoing) contract via Adecco with permanent opportunities
We are looking for people who have…
Excellent communication skills
A passion for problem solving
Good communication skills with the ability to adapt and deal with all levels of seniority
Drive and motivation to provide excellent service even at busy times
Initiative to work alone and take responsibility for work, whilst working within a wider team
An interest in IT and a good level of ‘day-to-day’ computer skills
Ability to learn various processes and maintain accuracy always
Ability to work to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Previous experience of successfully working to targets & deadlines
The Job- 1st Line Helpdesk Agent
We are looking for candidates to join Atos to support their Government and Commercial customers. Atos focus is to delight their customers by offering a first-class service and to achieve this they recognize the need to offer first class training and development to all candidates.
Your duties will include:
- Answering a high number of calls from business’s (including the Ministry of Justice Departments, Metropolitan Police Service, Britvic and Government Insolvency Service)
- Assessing the issue with caller to identify the problem and decide best course of action (troubleshoot over the phone or refer to 2nd Line Support)
- Providing advice and guidance to callers where an issue is not relevant to IT support
- Delivering a high level of customer support to all users at all levels of seniority
- Creating a call logs to record details of resolution or further action needed
- To strive to meet quality objectives always- e.g. Average time on Call, First Time Fix Rate, providing correct and up to date information
What we expect from you…
Customer service first- Atos call handlers are dedicated to delivering an excellent level of service to all users. This isn’t a position where you read from a script, you will need to act on initiative whilst being polite, professional and friendly at all times.
Keep a cool head- during peak times you will be taking a lot of calls. We are looking for candidates who can stay calm under pressure, work quickly and efficiently, and communicate well with their team to get the job done.
Eye on the prize – all members of the team are expected to contribute to the success of the desk. You will have regular feedback on your call quality, accuracy of written work, and targets as to calls per day and handling time. We are looking for candidates who are motivated by targets and have a genuine desire to deliver excellent results.
Keep it professional – Atos take pride in having a friendly and welcoming workplace so everyone feels comfortable. Atos ask their team to refrain from swearing, inappropriate conversation, and to dress in business dress Mon-Thurs.
Right on time- Atos service relies on having all the team in and ready to help when the calls start coming in. Atos ask that all agents arrive in good time for their shift so you can log-in and be ready to take a call at the beginning of your day.
Working hours- to meet the demands of their customers, Atos work to a shift pattern. All agents will need to be flexible to start work as early as 7am, and finish as late as 7pm on a rota basis. Atos cannot offer a set shift pattern, or avoid certain shift times to accommodate public transport, so please check that the hours suit you.
What you can expect from Atos…
Long term (ongoing) assignment with Permanent opportunities
Teams games, competitions and charity days
Dress down day every Friday
Department competitions and rewards- vouchers, time back, chocolates and treats for meeting targets, receiving excellent customer feedback or going the extra mile to help your team
Break and kitchen facilities, with tea, coffee and juice provided
Excellent training and support to develop and progress in the company
1-2-1 meetings throughout the year, and formal appraisals to make sure you have regular feedback relevant to your role
Adecco corporate benefits with retailers and services, as well as free eye test vouchers
Employee Assistance Programme for help and advice on health, wellbeing and finance issues
Easy online timesheet system with weekly pay
Dedicated Adecco on-site support
Site located centrally with excellent bus and rail links
Supporting Atos most important clients means that security is always a priority. All applicants will be required to pass a security check to take up an assignment as Atos. The levels of security clearance vary depending on the client you are supporting, however please advise us if any of the below apply to you:
- You have any unspent convictions on your record (including driving offences)
- You are currently serving a driving ban
- You have a spent conviction, a previous caution or other recorded incident with the police
- Either of the above apply to a member of your immediate family (parents, step-parents, siblings, partner, children)
- You have lived outside of the UK within the past 5 years (this is not necessarily a barrier to application but applicants may be required to obtain a ‘Certificate of Good Conduct’ from the country they were a resident of, at their own expense)
- You have had any CCJs or Bankruptcy agreements ordered against you
- You have been dismissed from a previous job
Send CV by email to apply.
Apply for 1st Line Helpdesk Agent
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly