Head of Technical Compliance - IHT Operations
Head of Technical Compliance - IHT Operations
Competitive Salary Plus Extensive Benefits
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
Founded in 2009, OVO was established with the clear vision of building an energy business centered around delivering simple, sustainable customer propositions with great customer service, underpinned by a strong technology ethos that is central to everything we do. We have grown exponentially since then and today OVO Energy has almost 800,000 customers.
Through this growth OVO has expanded the OVO Team across multiple locations, launched our own Field Force, installed over 500,000 smart meters and acquired some exciting businesses with their own office, field and manufacturing operations.
Safety is our highest priority, and with our expanding business divisions and increasing activity in customers’ homes, we’re looking for a senior leader to manage and develop SHEQ policies across the operations.
With demonstrable experience in leading a team of technical experts, you will be well versed in defining key roles and responsibilities and identifying ways of working with other departments.
With a proven track record of successfully delivering change initiatives, you will be able to create and review our policies and strategies, exploring new ideas and ways of operating.
What will I be doing?
- Evolving the Health and Safety framework and governance of the Field Force Smart Metering Team
- Working proactively with the Head of Operations, Regional Managers and their teams - to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement within their areas of responsibility
- Provide strong leadership and proactive support to operational leaders; developing strategies, setting the direction, formulating HSE plans, and supporting operational leaders and teams with their implementation
- Maintaining and Improving robust incident reporting processes and overseeing and reviewing, the investigation of any safety critical incidents and defects.
- Developing and encouraging a culture of fact-based decision making, maintaining reliable sources of data and presenting insight and recommendations to the leadership team informed by robust data analysis and trends.
- Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming Health and Safety legislation and with a proven ability to translate legislation, guidance and standards into practical and succinct health and safety policies and procedure to ensure that operations continue to maintain legal compliance
- Act as lead person for HSE inspections and audits, representing the interests of IHT
- Forecast, plan and deliver resource requirements for the team in order to deliver against assessment regime requirements and fluctuations in workload.
- Be the primary contact for health and safety across the IHT business.
- Highlighting areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by legislation, approved codes of practice, or health, safety, and environment guidance
Do I have what it takes?
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience of SHEQ functions (e.g. environment, process safety, risk & assurance), and gas and electrical safety and standards - in an Installation environment
- Significant experience of providing Health and Safety advice within a large, complex organisation
- Experience of introducing policies, procedures, processes and systems effectively; and enabling positive cultural change
- A proven track record of developing productive relationships with a variety of stakeholders an-capable of influencing at all levels
- Extensive knowledge of UK HSE systems, practices and legislation with good knowledge of gas and electrical standards as well as experience of working in a variety of Customer focused facilities
- A positive attitude, proving approachable and accessible to colleagues at all levels. Maturity, professionalism and strength of character - in a fast moving, rapidly-changing environment
- A habit of generating and promoting positivity and enthusiasm, with a sense of fun and the ability to enjoy the journey
Ideally you will have…
- Experience of managing, motivating and developing a high performing team
- Experience developing, implementing and maintaining HSES Management Systems (e.g. ISO 14001/18001 or equivalent) as a corporate function
- A degree in an applicable subject or NEBOSH Diploma (or level 5 equivalent) in Occupational Health and Safety
- Membership of a recognised H&S professional body, ideally holding Chartered status. Alternatively working towards this level.
- At least 5 years' experience in a H&S Management position within the construction/engineering sector
- Excellent working knowledge of the utilities sector and the dynamic nature of risk and its management
To apply for the role of Head of Technical Compliance, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Head of Technical Compliance, Head of Environmental, Head of SHEQ, Senior SHEQ Manager, Senior Compliance Manager, Head of Health and Safety, Head of Health, Safety and Environmental, Head of SHEQ Compliance.