SCHOOL BREAKFAST CLUB ASSISTANT
ST. ANNE’S PREPARATORY SCHOOL
Job Description for Breakfast Club Assistant
Responsible to Headteacher.
St. Anne’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; we expect all staff to share this commitment.
The duties of a Lunchtime assistant are to act as a member of the team, supervising pupils during the Breakfast club and to sustain the welfare and safety of pupils, as directed by the headteacher. Duties include supervising pupils in the outside Kitchen Classrom, playground and other school premises, and making sure they do not leave the school or go into areas that are out of bounds. You are expected to keep matters concerning staff and children confidential, and to refer matters when necessary to the headteacher.
- Supervising pupils at mealtimes - encouraging children to eat healthily, helping prepprep children to open packaging or cut up food, and providing some social and educational training, such as good table manners
- Cleaning up spillages, and helping to clean tables and clear the dining area
- Overseeing children in the Breakfast club and monitoring the safety and suitability of activities
- To maintain discipline during the Breakfast club and to promote adherence to the school's behaviour and anti-bullying policies
- Maintaining order, cautioning children who misbehave and reporting unresolved problems to the duty teacher or head teacher
- To promote adherence to the school's code of conduct
- To provide emergency treatment for accidents and to record such treatment
- To report all accidents/illnesses to the relevant class teacher
- To carry out responsibilities under common law and the Health and Safety Act and to adhere to the school's health and safety policy.
- To wear a name badge in order to promote courteous and polite behaviour at all times
- To report any matters involving child protection immediately to the DSL or headteacher.
- To undergo training as required
- Such other duties as may be required by the headteacher or proprietor.
PLEASE GO TO OUR WEBSITE TO DOWNLOAD AND COMPLETE APPLICATION FORM.