The Society is seeking to recruit a quick-thinking and industrious Non-Executive Director to join the Board in November 2018.
As the Board meets monthly in Swansea, a commitment of 2 - 3 days per month is required, remuneration will be available for the role.
We are looking for someone who has an in-depth understanding of our member’s needs in a concentrated geographic area, as this will assist in the fulfilling of the responsibilities of this role.
The preference is for a qualified Chartered Surveyor with experience in the local area.
- Quick-thinking and industrious
- Ability to make decisions on strategic and policy matters
- Experience of contributing to Board and committee meetings at a senior level
- Knowledge of modern business techniques and corporate governance
- Expertise in consumer interests and Mutual Building Societies
- Ability to harness and motivate a team
- Experience in Marketing, IT, Risk/Compliance
This is a rare opportunity to become part of Swansea Building Society’s board where you will be able to play a crucial role in making decisions that will affect the local community.
About Swansea Building Society
Swansea Building Society was established in 1923 as an independent mutual organisation owned by its members. It operates from branches in Carmarthen, Cowbridge, and Mumbles with a head office in Swansea. Today it is one of just three remaining Building Societies in Wales.
The Board consists of a Chairman and five further Non-Executive Directors. It has total assets of £275m and has gone through a period of sustained, controlled growth over the last 10 years. Its principal activity is the provision of housing finance funded mainly by members’ savings.