Maintenance Engineer / Mechanical Engineer
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical)
Location: Ellesmere Port, Stanlow
Salary: Competitive dependant on Experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: Thursday 19th July 2018
Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for making sure that plant and machinery has high levels of availability / uptime and operates in a safe manner at all times. Ensure both preventative and corrective maintenance is carried out in a timely manner and complies with both Company policies / standards and external standards e. EA, HSE and EAWA.
Perform all requested engineering duties to include modifications and re-engineering of plant as required. Carry out the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of all plant equipment.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Install / maintain and update the stores system on site (Idhammer). Follow all stores procedures
- Monitor and maintain good housekeeping within the stores/ workshop/ container areas and across all site
- Record all machinery defects, corrective actions and repairs on shift reports and Idhammer
- Manage and organise all contractor repairs and maintenance on site to minimise disruption to the plant
- Oversee contractors on relevant plant sections during annual shutdowns as requested by Engineering Manager
- Ensure adequate supplies of the key products are on site all times
- Ensure all utilities have a maintenance programme in place which is documented to include planned site visits and reports. Support further development of these programmes
- Organize shadow boards across the plant where regular routine maintenance takes place. Ensure tools are maintained
- Ensure all plant lifting / access equipment is kept in good condition, inspected and stored correctly
- Provide advice and coaching to operators / new recruits where required
- Liaise closely with the production manager / team leaders / factory manager to ensure all outstanding issues are addressed in a timely manner
- It is expected that the maintenance Engineer (electrical) will carry out mechanical works as and when required
Health and Safety
- Ensure a thorough knowledge of your Health & Safety responsibilities
- Always wear Personal Protective Equipment as required. Take responsibility for your own PPE ensuring appropriate storage and care
- Always strive to work in a manner safe to yourself and others and report any hazards immediately
- Ensure all staff and visitors operates in compliance with Safety regulations
- Full responsibility for the safety of team members
- Actively participate in addressing Safety, Health and Environmental issues affecting the production areas, ensuring the relevant S, H&E checks are carried out
- Full knowledge of the Plant Emergency Procedures and associated responses are required
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company's policies and legislation
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values
- To comply with all legal, regulatory and statutory obligations applicable to the role
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required
- Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to your role; Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company
Qualifications / Knowledge & Experience:
- Engineering discipline qualification - Mechanical Engineering ONC or BTEC Level 3 equivalent is essential
- COMPEX trained preferable
- Previous experience working as a Maintenance Engineer in a process plant is essential; with a FMCG, Process, recycling and Chemical background
- Good knowledge of liquids conveying systems and large rotating plant
- Mechanical fitting experience
- Disassembly, inspection and rebuild of pump conveying equipment
- Fault finding and preventative maintenance experience
- Good working knowledge of process hydraulics and pneumatics; transmission components, gearboxes, bearing; heat exchangers, plate and coil in tube; both steam and thermal oil heating systems (gas fired)
- Very good standard of both MIG and TIG repair / fabrication
- Time served apprentice / NVQ level 3 in welding
- Coded to weld T Carbon steel - bore size 1/2" - 12"
- Coded to weld T Stainless steel - bore size 1/2" - 12"
Along with experience in both MMA and MIG.
This job description is a summary of the main duties of the role but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and updated regularly in discussion with the post holder.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with experience of Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Engineering Installations, Multi-skilled Engineer, Mechanical Fitter, Technical Engineer, Mechanical Support Technician, COMPEX, Process Plant Engineer, Chemical Engineer, TIG Repair, Fabrication Engineer, Maintenance Fitter, NVQ 3 Mechanical Engineering may also be considered for this role.