Operator / Production Operative / Process Operator
Job Title: Operator
Location: Ellesmere Port, Stanlow
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: Thursday 19th July 2018
Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for the processing operations within the plant when on shift. First line operations support within the plant. Monitoring of plant equipment and responding accordingly to any faults. Occasional Lab analysis work involving tests of on-site materials.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Prioritise the allocation of tasks ensure maximum plant utilisation
- Ensure all equipment is kept in good condition and stored correctly
- Carry out Preventative Maintenance on plant equipment as required in a timely manner
- Liaise closely with other shifts and Senior Operators/Team Leaders to ensure all outstanding issues are addressed
- In all cases work closely with Senior Operators/Team Leaders to report on progress and highlight potential issues.
- Ensure all work undertaken is done so in accordance with the company policy and in a safe manor
- Ensure departmental housekeeping is of a high standard
- Monitoring computerised plant controls and responding accordingly to faults
- Lab Analysis as required to ensure effective process control and measurement
- Loading and unloading of material into the tank farm as required
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by Management
- Contribute to the decision making process regarding level of spares / equipment
Health and Safety
- Ensure a thorough knowledge of your Health & Safety responsibilities
- Always wear Personal Protective Equipment as required. Take responsibility for your own PPE ensuring appropriate storage and care
- Always strive to work in a manner safe to yourself and others and report any hazards immediately
- Ensure all staff and visitors operates in compliance with Safety regulations
- Full responsibility for the safety of team members
- Actively participate in addressing Safety, Health and Environmental issues affecting the production areas, ensuring the relevant S, H&E checks are carried out
- Full knowledge of the Plant Emergency Procedures and associated responses are required
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company's policies and legislation
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values
- To comply with all legal, regulatory and statutory obligations applicable to the role
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required
- Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to your role; Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company
Qualifications / Knowledge & Experience:
- A discipline in some technical / Engineering field - Chemical / FMCG / Processing background is preferred
- Experience of working in a process plant is preferred
- Experience of working at operator in plant would be preferred
This job description is a summary of the main duties of the role but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and updated regularly in discussion with the post holder.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with experience of Production Operator, Processing Plant Operator, Process Plant Operative, First Line Operations Support, First Line Plant Operations Support, Production Coordinator, Electrical Component Production and Operator may also be considered for this role.