This is a fantastic opportunity to join our high achieving school as a part time Teaching Assistant, working with post-16 and secondary school students. The successful Assistant Teacher will have a flexible approach and be able to work well as part of a team that never ceases to provide the best for its students.
The Teaching Assistant will be paid pro-rata 27.5 hours per week, term time only plus 5 training days fixed term contract for one academic year. Join us on the journey to become outstanding.
- Has GCSE Maths and English with a C grade and above
- Good interpersonal skills
- Confident and enjoys working with young people
- Comfortable in a classroom environment
- Patient with a high level of empathy
Teacher Assistant Duties
- Providing feedback to teachers and students
- Working with teachers in planning, evaluating and adjusting work programmes
- Monitoring and evaluating students’ progress with observation and recording
- Keeping records and updating systems as required by the teacher
- Promoting positive values, attitudes to learning and good pupil behaviour
- Liaising with parents, staff and outside agencies where necessary
- Carrying out small group intervention in literacy, numeracy and social/emotional support.
About Cottenham Village College
Sitting in the top 12% of schools nationally (Over 73% 5 A* - C incl. English and maths, 27% of all grades at A*) we have excellent standards of conduct and facilities. Cottenham Village College is on a journey to become an outstanding school where learning is at the heart of everything we do.
Visits to the school should be arranged through Mrs O’Mullane. Applicants who have not been called for interview can assume their application has not been successful.
Start date: September 2018
Cottenham Village College is committed to safe -guarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicants will be expected to undergo a DBS check.