We require a well organised, reliable and self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills to join our friendly DT department. The part time Design and Technology Technician will play a key role within the faculty, ensuring that effective support is provided to all teaching staff and promoting Design and Technology within the college.
The successful DT Technician will work on a part time basis during term time (38 weeks plus 5 training days) in a 1-year fixed contract.
- Degree level design and technology qualification
- Experience of working with young people aged 11-18
- Knowledge of a range of arts and crafts skills and methods
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Highly organised with great time management skills
DT Technician Duties:
- Developing effective working relationships with students and staff
- Preparing all of the apparatus for practical lessons at both KS3 and KS4
- Ensuring the proper maintenance of all equipment and materials
- Maintaining correct stock levels and ordering materials and equipment with the Head of Faculty
About Cottenham Village College
Cottenham Village College is a high achieving school (Over 73% 5A* -C incl. English and maths, 27% of all grades at A*) with excellent standards of conduct. Cottenham Village College sits in the top 12% of schools nationally, has an outstanding sixth form and excellent facilities.
Visits to the school should be arranged through Mrs O’Mullane. Applicants who have not been called for interview can assume their application has not been successful.
Start date: September 2018
Cottenham Village College is committed to safe -guarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicants will be expected to undergo a DBS check.