Burton Waters Boat Sales is now one of the largest boat dealerships on the East Coast and we are looking for a trained engineer technician to join our busy sales and service operation in Lincoln.
Applicants should be qualified to a suitable standard with proven experience in all aspects of mechanical engineering. A passion for boats is desirable and a knowledge of a variety of boats would be advantageous. As the post will require working outside year-round, it's essential that applicants are physically fit enough to manage this.
The post could possibly suit someone from an alternative mechanical background, such as agricultural or automotive industries as training will be provided for the right applicant.
You should be flexible and be prepared to work additional hours covering weekends and holidays increasing your monthly take home pay. Normal hours of work are 8.00am to 5.00pm during the Summer months and 8.30am to 4.00pm during the Winter months.
- Diagnosing and repairing faults on a variety of marine engines, generators and systems
- Ensuring all deficiencies noted and suitable recommendations are made
- Installation and repair various marine engines, generators and freshwater systems
- Producing quotations and write-up reports on work carried out
- Applicants must have a good awareness of health and safety procedures in the workplace and exercise good housekeeping at all times.
The key requirements for this role are:
- Relevant engineering experience
- Strong analytical skills for methodical problem solving
- Good time management
- A strong team player with the ability to also work alone
- Personable with excellent communication skills capable of dealing with work colleagues and customers alike.
Salary - £25k per annum plus overtime at time and a half
Please send CV to email@example.com or phone 01522 567404