Skipton, BD23 3AE
Skipton-based, our client is a highly successful award-winning Creative Production Company providing full entertainment programmes and talent, through their agency, to Cruise Lines and the Leisure Industry. They also provide role-play actors for training and education and has specialist divisions providing digital content solutions for the heritage, museum and tourism sectors. Our Client also owns a brand new Bar/Restaurant in a Grade II listed building, refurbished to high specification in the bustling market town of Skipton.
Our Client is recruiting for a motivated and enthusiastic Wardrobe Supervisor supervise a busy wardrobe department providing costumes for cruise production shows, plays and historical work. Organisational and management skills essential, including computer literacy, budget control and seamstress sewing/alteration abilities essential.
Based at their studios in West Yorkshire, the role involves regular overseas travel and the flexibility to work unsocial hours.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Liaise with Show Directors & Choreographers regarding costume requirements
- Knowledge of fabrics and fabric care essential
- Good sewing skills, ability to measure artistes, fit and alter costumes
- Ordering, commissioning and purchase of costumes and accessories
- Liaising with suppliers, manufacturers, costume designers and makers
- Manage the department budget control
- Manage the wardrobe team and allocation of tasks
- Measuring of artistes
- Costuming fitting and alteration on board ship
- Oversee the production and delivery of costumes
- Supervising the storage, cleaning and repair of costumes
- Ensuring costumes are ready for fittings and performances
- Delegate all cleaning lists and other required administration
- Order and oversee maintenance of footwear
- Supervise the packing and preparing costumes for transportation including printing labels and producing packing lists and invoices
- Checking costumes, labelling, photographing and returning to storage
- Undertaking regular stock checks, photographing and listing descriptions of costumes
- Attend dress-runs and take notes as required
- Performing any other duties which may be appropriate to the position
Please apply online and send your current CV / Cover Letter and any further documents supporting your application.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.