37 hours per week permanent contract
£33,136 – £37,107 p/a
Generous leave allocation plus bank holidays
Located in Usk, Monmouthshire with the option to work from home
We are seeking an Assets Officer to join us on the full time permanent basis to work alongside colleagues in the delivery of an efficient and professional estate management service.
The Estates Team is a small but energetic and forward thinking group of professionals tasked with maximising the income generation opportunities of the Council’s assets. We are tasked with getting the most from all opportunities that arise in relation to property already in the Council’s ownership and that we will purchase in the future.
A varied and challenging mix of properties with the majority of them let to 3rd parties for the purpose of generating additional income for the Council to support services. You will be tasked with managing landlord and tenant relationships while seeking to exploit opportunities to increase income. This will include the management of our existing investment estate and alongside this there is the option to work with communities to develop services and to play an active role in the management of our corporate estate covering offices, depots and recreation space.
- To provide professional advice and support on matters relating to the aims of the Council
- To take a active role in the management of the Councils property portfolio. This will include but not be limited to undertaking lease negotiations, rent reviews, enforcing lease obligations, general tenant liaison, recovering rental arrears and lease renewals.
- Advertising and negotiating new lettings on vacant properties in accordance with policy and legislative requirements.
- To undertake asset valuations in accordance CIPFA and RICS regulations.
- To provide valuation advice as and when required, in accordance with the RICS guidelines.
- To work alongside team members to undertake the assist with the disposal of surplus property assets. This will include supporting the submission of planning applications and where necessary appealing planning decisions, assisting with preparing sales details, selection of preferred bidder and negotiating acceptable terms when required.
- Undertake the acquisition of property assets in accordance with prevailing policy requirements as and when required.
- To assist with the implementation and review of the Asset Management plans inc liaising with service users and colleagues.
- Liaison with internal and external clients, members and officers in determining the best use of the Council’s property assets.
- Work alongside colleugues in order to progress and manage Community Asset Transfers as and when required.
Applications close at noon on 16th July 2018 and successful applicants being invited for interview on the 24th July 2018.