Gardener / Grounds Person
Gardener / Grounds Person
Are you a Gardener / Grounds Person with a strong work ethic? Want to make an impact on the grounds of a leading regional school? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Based in 25 acres of beautiful grounds, Exeter School is an independent educational organisation for pupils aged 7 – 18. Our strong links to the local community, well-established pastoral care systems and fantastic teaching enable us to challenge, inspire and deliver the very best learning to our students.
Now, we are looking for a Gardener / Grounds Person to maintain our school grounds.
- Salary of £21,000 - £23,000 per annum
- Overtime opportunities
- Pension (employer contribution of 8%, rising to 13% after five years)
- Free lunch during term time
- Develop your career with a successful school
- Help to create a fantastic learning environment for pupils
- 22 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
As a Gardener / Grounds Person, you’ll maintain 25 acres of our school grounds.
Reporting to the Head Groundsman, your role will involve:
- Maintaining and cultivating lawns
- Operate grounds tractors, light machinery and plant
- Use cylinder and rotary mowers, strimmers, leaf blowers and hedge trimmers
- Help to prepare sports facilities when required
- Occasionally provide evening and weekend cover for functions
To join us as our Gardener / Grounds Person, you’ll need:
- Horticultural experience
- A great eye for detail
- A hands-on approach
- Good communication skills
- To be able to work as part of a team as well as on your own
Please note, this is a physically demanding role.
We’re eager to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Gardener, Grounds Person, Groundsperson, Groundsman, Groundswoman, Gardening Assistant, Horticultural Assistant, Grounds Operative, Caretaker or Grounds Maintenance Operative.
Exeter School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. Employment is subject to the receipt of two satisfactory references provided specifically for this post and addressed to the School, and to satisfactory DBS clearance.
So, if you’re looking for your next step as a Gardener / Grounds Person, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 8:00 – 17:00 (some overtime required)