Continuous Improvement Manager (Operations, Production) BLUC67165
Founded in 1866, our client is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers. Their branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,100 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company’s other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centres, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors.
Reporting to the Operations Director the main purpose of the role is to improve the performance of Operations by providing constant challenge of the status quo; championing lean philosophy; implementing robust measurement of losses; facilitating the development and implementation of a continuous improvement plan. Responsibilities will include:
- Increase the transparency of Operations by ensuring robust measurement of losses for all areas of Operations e.g. generation of appropriate loss trees. To perform the duty of gatekeeper for the measurement system.
- Encourage a ‘management by fact’ mindset.
- Increase productivity within Operations by leading usage of the appropriate lean tools (e.g. value stream mapping, 5S, Kanban) to eliminate losses such as delay, duplication, unnecessary movement, unclear communication, incorrect inventory, lost sales and product defects.
- Undertake pillar leadership for Early Product Management.
- Coach the production team in continuous improvement techniques and help them cascade this approach to their teams to develop a proactive continuous improvement culture. Help ensure that ownership of work is allocated to the lowest appropriate level.
- Develop training programmes and undertake training in the use of continuous improvement tools.
- Challenge the production team to ensure appropriate momentum of improvement.
- Maintain the SW Continuous Improvement Database.
- Project manage improvement initiatives.
Demonstration of formal training in Continuous Improvement Tools
Engineering degree or equivalent Professional Qualification
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
Our client is committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.