£Competitive + Company benefits
Closing date: 10/07/2018
Are you an experienced, self-motivated news editor who can fly through copy and spot a story a mile off?
Surrey Live is looking for a skilled, hard-working weekend digital editor to join its Guildford-based team.
Reporting to the editor, you'll be a lover of words and local journalism and will be responsible for helping to lead our reporters and making their copy irresistible.
About the company
Reach PLC, with an award-winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UK's largest multimedia companies employing more than 6,000 people across 60 locations around the country.
- Editing and publishing content, ensuring it is high quality, thoroughly researched, accurate and well written
- Managing reporters to ensure they are producing high-quality content
- Identifying trends and coming up with lots of ideas to ensure our content is always of the highest possible standard
- Using analytics to commission content responsively and to identify how stories should be presented and when they should be published to gain the biggest possible audience
- Sharing our stories on social media in line with audience spikes
- To lead by example and write brilliant content
- Ensuring you have a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of media law and industry guidelines.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will ideally be an existing news/content editor or a talented senior reporter looking for an exciting new challenge
- You will have proven experience in a digital newsroom and an understanding of all the storytelling requirements of one
- You'll possess a NCTJ-accredited journalism qualification or equivalent
- You will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- You will regularly come up with brilliant ideas for engaging and shareable content
- You will be motivated by the challenge of producing stories ready for digital audience spikes
- You'll have good awareness of the news agenda and ensure all sections of the site are covered with breaking and engaging stories
- You will have some experience of managing, motivating and inspiring a team
- You will possess a full driving licence
- This is an exciting and demanding role which requires an editorial background
You can look forward to a competitive salary and a contributory pension scheme.
Reach plc also offers a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
Reach plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.