Job Title: Grooming School Receptionist
Salary: £18,000 to £20,000
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Tonbridge, Kent
Our client is a Grooming School located next to an award winning Animal Management Unit who are looking for a self-motivated and well-organised individual who will effectively provide professional front of house service to all users and visitors of the grooming school.
This is a busy and interesting role, effectively supporting the Team Leader on a range of tasks ensuring that duties are completed on time and to a high standard. The post holder will be the first port of call, both on the telephone and to visitors, students and customers arriving at the grooming school.
- To provide professional receptionist duties and a front line service to all users, visitors and customers.
- To support the Grooming School Team Leader by undertaking a range of administrative tasks.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To answer telephone calls and assist with enquiries from members and the public booking dogs in for grooming appointments.
- To be the first point of contact for visitors, users and customers arriving at the grooming school.
- To register students on arrival at the Grooming School.
- To undertake photocopying duties as required.
- To collate, print and prepare reports as required by the Team Leader.
- To take on diary management duties, organising and planning a busy salon and college diary.
- To undertake ad hoc administrative tasks, as requested by team members.
- To order items for use by the grooming school.
- To receive the post and oversee posting of items from the grooming school.
- To cash up at the end of each day.
- To liaise with the exams department to ensure all students are fully registered and results are accurate.
- Be an effective ambassador for the grooming school, maintaining a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Attend staff team meetings and contribute to the on-going success of the grooming school
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults of those you come into contact with.
- To carry out such other duties appropriate to the job and individual skills and experience as may be required.
- The responsibilities outlined above cannot totally encompass or define all tasks, which may be required of the post holder. The outline of responsibilities given above may, therefore, vary from time to time.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must have a Level 2 or equivalent in English and maths.
- Must have at least two years’ reception or administrative experience.
- Must have Good familiarity with Microsoft Office (Windows 7).
- Must have a excellent telephone manner, excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have proven team working skills.
- Must have excellent data entry skills.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Must have good time management.
- Must have a genuine interest in liking and working with dogs.
- Must be suitable to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Must be smart, professional presentation and a polite, tactful and friendly.
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Reception/ Receptionist/ Grooming School Receptionist/ Grooming School/ Animal Grooming/ Dog Grooming/ Admin Support/ Front Of House/ Customer Service/ Customer Liaison/