IT Systems Engineer
IT Systems Engineer
Permanent - 37.5 hours per week
Our client is a group which operates within the pharmaceutical aseptic compounding, clinical homecare and laboratory services sectors.
One subsidiary produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief. Through their scientific and technology capabilities, the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve their products and services.
Another subsidiary is a growing clinical homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS.
A third subsidiary is a microbiological services business currently in its developmental stage. Its aim is to bring to market innovative microbiological testing and monitoring services, methodologies and technologies in the pharmaceutical manufacturing and clinical/diagnostics sectors.
The group now includes over 200 people with a leading edge turnover greater than £190 million.
Following a period of intense growth, they are currently recruiting an IT Systems Engineer to take a key role in delivering and supporting IT services. This position requires someone with a proactive, hands-on approach. The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of a wide range of technologies and experience in the design and planning IT infrastructure. This is a challenging role requiring both planning and technical skills, and good attention to detail.
- You will have a range of key responsibilities to include:
- Plan, install and configure hardware, operating systems and applications
- Monitor, maintain and troubleshoot IT systems, including desktop computing, telephony, servers, storage and networking
- Provide first, second and third line support to local and remote users, handling escalation from other IT staff
- Manage escalation to external support providers as required
- Establish a good working relationship with customers, suppliers and other professionals
- Identify, test and evaluate new technology to address business needs
- Lead technology-based project work and infrastructure design
They are looking for a confident dynamic individual, who is able to influence others and is passionate about IT. This is a really exciting opportunity to join a company that has shaken up the commercial world of aseptic manufacture and is the only independent company specialising in aseptic compounding.
In return our client offers rewards and benefits including:
- Salary £25K to £30K (dependent on experience, knowledge and skills)
- 21 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday. Increasing with service
- Pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
Our client is based in a new science park development in Corsham, with easy access to Chippenham, Bath and Bristol.
If you are interested in this superb opportunity, please apply with a covering letter and CV ASAP.
Closing date for applications is – Monday 16th July 2018. Interviews will take place on Thursday 26th July 2018. You will be contacted by Thursday 19th July 2018 if you have been shortlisted for an interview.
*PLEASE NOTE – by applying to this position, you agree for your CV to be submitted to our client, who shall contact you directly, should your application make their short-list.