Caretaker / Cleaner
Caretaker / Cleaner - Weekends
Redhouse Community Centre are looking to recruit a committed weekend Caretaker / Cleaner to join their current team to assist in providing excellent facilities to host a variety of scheduled private and community focused activities, celebrations and parties.
Objective: To maintain a clean, safe and inviting environment to the highest standard for users and staff at the Community Centre. To report to the Centre Administrator to ensure the smooth, effective & efficient running of the Community Centre and all associated services. To actively promote the interests of the Centre at all times.
Requirements: Experience of cleaning, manual handling, knowledge and understanding of health and safety, COSHH and risk assessment are essential, as well as an awareness of security issues. Communication skills are imperative.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To ensure the interior and exterior of the building and grounds are maintained to a very high standard.
- To assist as instructed in the day to day running of the Community Centre.
- To display a can do, approachable and helpful attitude and be on hand for any queries hirers may have.
- You must be able to maintain and promote the good name of the Centre by building positive relationships with Centre users and neighbours of the site with friendly and helpful interaction.
- To be responsible for the secure closing of the Community Centre, ensuring that windows are closed & doors are locked at the end of the day. Correct alarm procedure must be adhered to at all times.
- General daily cleaning of the whole Community Centre including external areas.
- Maintenance of the building and grounds, including minor repair works and painting.
- Ensuring that Health & Safety issues and licensing requirements are strictly adhered to.
- Operation of all emergency procedures & building maintenance i.e. fire alarm, emergency lighting and heating system.
- Manage cleaning and consumables stock.
- Assist with preparation of rooms for hirers use where necessary.
- To inspect the interior & exterior of the building for general cleanliness on a daily basis. A weekly check must also be conducted for any defects & malfunctioning equipment. Make good any defects where appropriate or report to the Administrator as soon as possible so that repairs can be arranged.
- To attend training courses & complete all the appropriate Health & Safety requirements for the role as required.
- To deal with any other matter which would facilitate the smooth running of the Community Centre, or as may reasonably be required by the Administrator or the Management Committee.
The successful candidate will be a people-person, hard working, organised, reliable and flexible. You will be smart in appearance, as you will be dealing with members of the public on a daily basis. You will have a positive, friendly attitude and calm disposition. You must have, or be prepared to undertake a DBS/CRB check.
Hours: Saturdays and Sundays. Plus occasional weekday holiday / sickness cover.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.44 /hour Increasing to £10.50 /hour from the 1st of August