IT Field Services Technician / IT Support Technician
Job Title: IT Field Services Technician
Location: Charminster, Bournemouth (some travel required)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company's dedicated IT department is looking to recruit an experienced IT Field services Technician.
Based at their Head Office in Charminster (Bournemouth), this exciting role will mean you will be a contact point for their Group's 28 sites across Dorset and Wiltshire and provide support to all colleagues covering both hardware and software for laptops, workstations, printers, mobile devices, tablets and fax machines, as well as the various software systems that our colleagues require on a day-to-day basis.
- On site and Remote support for PCs/laptops/netbooks/Printers/Phones/Tablets/PDQs, troubleshooting user incidents, categorising and prioritising email based incidents and requests, escalating more serious incidents to Infrastructure Engineers
- Site moves and changes of IT equipment
- Fulfilling Service requests raised through web based Service desk tool
- Call logging and managing tickets in an ITIL based system
- Reviewing/Creating knowledge base articles for IT Department staff and internal customers
The ideal Candidate will have:
- At least 1 years' experience in Field Service role
- Proven customer service skills and experience of handling staff interactions in a professional manner
- Experience of working within an ITIL structured department
- Strong Microsoft Windows 7 Pro skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 and above
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2008 R2/2012, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange version 2013 for troubleshooting purposes
- Experience of configuring PCs and Laptops from Microsoft WDS Build Server, Smartphones (both Windows and iPhone) and Tablets (Android, Windows and iPad) with MDM/EMM systems
Note: The role will be based at Head Office in Charminster, Bournemouth, however you will be required to travel between our locations so a full clean Drivers Licence is essential.
- 22 days holiday, rising to 24 after 5 years, 26 after 10 years
- Opportunity to join the company pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Discounts on new vehicle, used vehicle, service and parts purchases
Please note: due to the nature of the role, no sponsorship or relocation packages will be available for this position and so candidates must be eligible to both live and work in the UK to be considered.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, IT Desk Support, 1st Line Support, IT Manager 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 1st Line Support Engineer, IT Trainer, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Software Engineer, Technical Support, IT Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, Helpdesk Support, Fault Desk, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, IT Systems Support will also be considered for this role.