Direct Ferries Limited is seeking a Market Manager to join its Commercial team to assist with its Japanese, Korean and other South East Asian markets.
The postholder will:
- lead and spearhead the business development plan for the South East Asian markets;
- identify and analyse customer requirements in the South East Asian markets;
- be responsible for building strong working relationships with local ferry operators in Japan, South Korea and other East Asian Operators, assisting with their international expansion;
- liaise with senior stakeholders within the business to understand requirements;
- prepare data for marketing purposes(SEO/PPC);
- undertake market research;
- write contents for drive SEO;
- plan promotional campaigns and products;
- analyse sales and customer trends and report to senior management;
- compile, analyse and review competitor activity and pricing;
- manage the product inventory on internal systems;
- assist the Commercial Manager in negotiations;
- translate the website into Korean and Japanese; and
- train Japanese and Korean customer service agents.
The successful candidate must:
- hold a bachelor’s level degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications or Business Development;
- be fluent in Japanese and have a basic working knowledge of Korean. Knowledge of another South East Asian language and Finnish is desirable;
- have at least three years’ relevant experience working in business development or account management, of which at least two years were spent working in the travel/ferry industry;
- demonstrate strong analytical skills;
- be client-focused and have excellent communication skills;
- have a high level of computer literacy, in particular in MS Office and preferably using Tableau; and
- have strong attention to detail.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date posted: 4 July 2018 Closing date: 1 August 2018