Group Leaders & Deputy Manager
- Full Time
We are a successful, well-established Nursery provision with a ‘good’ Ofsted rating. We are looking to recruit staff who are creative, enthusiastic, well-motivated and flexible with the commitment to provide first class childcare.
We currently have the following posts available, with a start date of Tuesday 28 August 2018.
Group Leader – Qualified Nursery Nurse, full time permanent contract
Group Leader – Qualified Nursery Nurse, maternity cover, full time temporary contract until 7 June 2019
Deputy Manager – full time permanent contract
In our current location we cater for 50 children between 6 weeks and five years old.
We are in the process of building a brand new £3 million pound childcare facility and once complete we will transfer over to this building on the University campus. This new facility enables us to grow and develop and to increase our capacity to cater for up to 104 children. This is an exciting time and we want to appoint people who will work with us to support the parents and children through this transition and beyond.
Group Leader duties will include:
- Provide the children with a safe, secure and home-like environment
- Operate a keyworker system and liaise with parents/carers, carers, and senior staff
- Plan, organise and implement a programme of activities to meet the needs of this age group
- Work as part of a highly motivated and professional team
- Assist and actively support management in creating an efficient professional Family Centre
- Provide a high quality childcare and education service for children and parents.
- Oversee the running of the unit.
You will need to:
- Hold a full and relevant DfE approved qualification in early years and childcare at Level 3 (such as NVQ Level 3 in CCLD, Level 3 Diploma for the Children & Young People’s Workforce), or equivalent qualification
- Have gained experience within a nursery setting
- Have proven organisational skills
Deputy Manager duties will include:
- Take responsibility for the Nursery in the absence of the Manager.
- Staff management including inducting, supervising and appraising staff and managing staff rotas.
- Parent/carer liaison
- Continuous monitoring of quality, standards, risk, safeguarding and inclusive practice in the Setting.
- Work as part of a highly motivated and professional team.
- Assist and actively support the Manager in providing a high quality childcare and education service for children and parents.
You will need to:
- Hold a full and relevant DfE approved Degree in Education or Level 4 in Child Care/Management.
- Hold a full and relevant DfE approved early years and childcare qualification at Level 3 (such as NVQ Level 3 in CCLD, Level 3 Diploma for the Children & Young People’s Workforce), or equivalent qualification
- Have experience in a nursery setting
- Have previous experience in management and a working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage is also required.
In addition, you will need to be flexible and creative, with the commitment to provide first class childcare. All staff and volunteers are expected to demonstrate their commitment to safeguarding children and young people within their work.
The starting salary will be from £16,654 on Grade C for the Group Leader roles. The starting salary will be £20,411 on Grade D for the Deputy Manager role, depending on qualifications and experience.
For more information and to apply online please go to our website. The closing date for completed applications is 16 July 2018
Interviews will take place on Friday 20 and Monday 23 July.
Exeter University Family Centre is committed to safeguarding children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for this post.
The University offers some fantastic benefits including 39 days leave per year, options for flexible working, numerous discounts at leading retailers, onsite gym, cycle to work scheme, sector leading policies around maternity, adoption and shared parental leave (up to 26 weeks full pay), paternity leave (up to 6 weeks full pay), and a new Fertility Treatment Policy; and a stunning campus environment in the heart of Exeter. If you are not currently in Exeter please have a look at our website for some further information on what a beautiful part of the country we are based in.
The University of Exeter is an equal opportunity employer. We are officially recognised as a Disability Confident employer and an Athena Swan accredited institution. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.