We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Team Manager (Customer Contact) to join the customer contact team based in Wilmslow on a full time, permanent basis. You will receive a competitive salary of £33,586 per annum plus pension and excellent benefits.
The Information Commissioners Office (ICO) is an independent public body and the national regulator of information rights, including Freedom of Information, Data Protection, Privacy and Electronic Communications. We uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals. We educate organisations, promote good practice and are involved in important issues from nuisance calls/texts to the use of surveillance cameras. As well as this, we oversee legislation that ensures people’s data is secure, accurate and robustly managed.
About the Team Manager (Customer Contact) role
Our Customer Contact department provides a range of frontline services for organisations and members of the public. We provide timely and trusted advice, on a busy national helpline and through written contact channels, on all aspects of information rights legislation.
We also maintain the public register of data controllers. Our work is varied and fast paced, as we strive to provide first class services that remain relevant to the evolving needs and expectations of our customers.
Team Manager (Customer Contact) duties and key responsibilities:
- Delivering one of our frontline services, ensuring that work is completed to a consistently high standard and in line with relevant performance measures
- Identify opportunities to improve and develop the way we work
- Report to a Group Manager who is responsible for the delivery and development of services within their group and across the department
- Line manage a team of case officers, monitoring their performance, supporting their development and ensuring they are utilised effectively
Our ideal Team Manager (Customer Contact) will have the below skills and experience:
- around five years’ experience of working at a graduate level.
- Excellent intellectual ability and be able to analyse complex legislation and apply it to particular cases
- Good judgement and the confidence to take high profile decisions
- A strong ability to lead a frontline service to deliver expected outcomes, including first class customer service
- Be able to analyse trends, using management information to help inform group and departmental strategy and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong leadership skills
- Able to deal with all aspects of management including performance and attendance management and will have the confidence to make decisions regarding your staff
Closing date for applications: 10.00 am on Monday 16th July 2018
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become a Team Manager (Customer Contact) then please click ‘Apply’ today!