Hastings, West Sussex
Our client is recruiting on behalf of an innovative manufacturer, working in the field of vacuum equipment. Creating products for the LED, optics, electronics, coatings and R&D sectors, they are considered a world-leader and are set to continue their domination of the markets they operate in.
As part of their continued success, they are seeking an Operations Director to join their team at their European Headquarters in Hastings.
- Salary of c£70,000
- Bonus of up to £10,000
- PHI insurance cover
- Contributory pension scheme (matched up to 4%)
- 20 days’ holiday (rising to 25 days with service) plus Bank Holidays
This is an outstanding opportunity for a high calibre leader from an engineering background with production, procurement, distribution and support experience to take their career to the next level with a global organisation.
Operating at the forefront of a number of sectors, the company is highly accredited, innovative and customer-focused with over 60 years of in-depth, industry-leading experience.
With worldwide offices, over 400 employees and six global distribution hubs, they boast more than 100,000 satisfied customers, over 1,600 systems in the field and in excess of 900 facilities currently using them.
With success like this, only the very best personnel will do, so if you consider yourself in the top percentile of engineering operations professionals and are ready for your next challenge, this is the role you’ve been waiting for.
As the Operations Director, you will play a leading role in all aspects of procurement, inventory management, distribution, product assembly and testing, plus the support functions of quality and IT.
Planning, leading and co-ordinating the European Distribution Centre (EDC), you will oversee Operations Support Teams and drive activity to ensure targets are achieved on time and within budget.
Your role will also involve:
- Creating forward plans and budgets for each year, monitoring the results and performing corrective actions
- Applying continuous improvement and lean management techniques to the EDC and Operations functions
- Leading by example, to manage and direct all reporting managers and personnel, building teams and a motivated workforce
- Arranging regular meetings and discussions with all key reporting personnel
- Facilitating effective upwards and downwards communication throughout Operations
- Having overall authority and responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of all employees
- Championing Quality and Compliance, ensuring that the Company maintains their ISO 9001 Quality Management System accreditation
- Managing mission critical projects
- Overseeing the IT infrastructure and associated projects
To be considered as the Operations Director, you will need:
- An engineering background
- Experience within production, procurement, distribution and support functions
- People leadership and lean management skills and experience
- To be fully commercially aware
Other organisations may call this role Operations Director, Head of Operations, Engineering Operations Director, Procurement Operations Director, Production Operations Director, Head of Production, Senior Operations Manager, or Engineering Director.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are a top tier Operations Director with extensive experience of engineering operations, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.