Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service offer a very successful Apprenticeship scheme, which cover a wide variety of roles.
This is a Level 3 apprenticeship opportunity, for up to a 2-year duration, working 37 hours minimum per week. A flexible working scheme is in operation. For the first year of the Apprenticeship you will be paid at the National Apprenticeship rate, rising to the National Living Wage for the relevant age range.
Eligibility for this Apprenticeship is subject to not having already completed qualification/studies at this level, or above. (Level 2 Apprentices can apply).
About the role:
An opportunity has arisen for a committed individual to join a busy Finance team, duties to include:-
- The posting and maintenance of journals, virements and accounting transactions.
- To assist with Purchase card system, Purchase and Sales Ledger.
- To assist in the preparation of information for Management Accounts reports, returns and audits.
- To assist in other Finance projects as directed.
You will receive on the job training for the duties included in the role and therefore gain invaluable experience. In addition you will be provided with the opportunity and support to study for a relevant qualification via a local AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) Apprenticeship provider, along with any other relevant training and development required through the service.
See the full job description on the application form.
We are looking for someone has excellent numeracy skills and who is:-
- Self motivated, flexible, and willing to learn.
- Able to work to deadlines.
- Able to work in a team and contribute to it development.
Closing date for receipt of all applications is midnight on Sunday 22nd July 2018.
This vacancy is open to both internal and external applicants.
All communication regarding this vacancy will be issued via email, so please check your email account on a regular basis.
If you have any enquiries please contact: Julie Ann Edwards – Recruitment Advisor on 01758 898749 or Sarah Fynney – HR Business Partner on 01785 898686.