Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker - Sutton Mental Health Service to join the team based in London. You will be there on a full time, fixed term basis – until 31st March 2019, and you will receive a competitive salary of £21,500 per annum.
Our mental health service in London Borough of Sutton supports vulnerable people across the Borough who have a primary support need around their mental health. We provide a recovery focused service to both accommodation based and floating support customers. We work in partnership with Community Mental Health Teams and other specialist agencies to ensure a personalised and high standard of support is given to each customer.
As our Support Worker you will deliver high quality and effective support services, which promote the independence, wellbeing and inclusion of customers, in accordance with Peabody's policies and procedures and the principles of best practice.
Key responsibilities as our Support Worker:
- Carry out needs and risk assessments, complete support plans, provide support, and carry out reviews, in accordance with policies and procedures and the requirements of stakeholders and funders
- Hold a caseload of clients, and provide support to them on a keywork basis in their own homes or at an alternative venue if required
- Provide practical and emotional support to customers to achieve the outcomes set out in their support plan
- Support customers to identify, move into, and sustain housing which meets their needs, including supporting customers to ‘bid’ for properties and report maintenance issues
- Support customers to maximise their income, to access benefits, and to budget to cover domestic bills and living expenses
- Support customers to make full use of community facilities, play an active role in their community and take up cultural, recreational, educational and employment opportunities
- Support customers to maximise their physical and mental health, through liaison with health services and the promotion of a healthy lifestyle
What we’re looking for in our Support Worker:
- 5 GCSCE’s including English & Maths at Grade E or above (Desirable)
- NVQ in health and social care (Desirable)
- Ability to work as part of a team and build and maintain effective and supportive relationships with peers and partners
- Basic IT skills to include use of Microsoft Office and ability to maintain electronic records, with attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, staff and stakeholders in plain, easy to understand English, both in writing and verbally
- Demonstrable customer care skills
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrable ability to meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Satisfactory DBS check
- Ability to work shifts and weekends
- Ability to work sleep ins
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Support Worker please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear form you!
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.