Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker (Mental Health Services) to join the team based in London. You will be there on a part time, permanent basis - working 30 hours per week, and you will receive a competitive salary of £17,200 per annum (based on a full-time annual salary of £21,500.00).
Our high needs accommodation-based services in Islington provides support for up to 6 customers with high level mental health support needs. Customers may also have secondary support needs, including substance misuse, physical health issues, learning disabilities and forensic backgrounds.
This is a 24 hour high support service so shifts will be over 7 days, late, early and sleep in shifts inclusive.
As our Support Worker you will deliver high quality and effective support services, which promote the independence, wellbeing and inclusion of customers, in accordance with Peabody's policies and procedures and the principles of best practice.
Key responsibilities as our Support Worker (Mental Health Services):
- Carry out needs and risk assessments, complete support plans, provide support, and carry out reviews, in accordance with policies and procedures and the requirements of stakeholders and funders
- Hold a caseload of clients, and provide support to them on a keywork basis in their own homes or at an alternative venue if required
- Provide practical and emotional support to customers to achieve the outcomes set out in their support plan
- Support customers to identify, move into, and sustain housing which meets their needs, including supporting customers to ‘bid’ for properties and report maintenance issues
- Support customers to maximise their income, to access benefits, and to budget to cover domestic bills and living expenses
- Support customers to make full use of community facilities, play an active role in their community and take up cultural, recreational, educational and employment opportunities
- Support customers to maximise their physical and mental health, through liaison with health services and the promotion of a healthy lifestyle
What we’re looking for in our Support Worker (Mental Health Services):
- Experience of providing support to the designated client group either in a volunteering or professional role
- NVQ/QCF Level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent/higher (essential)
- An understanding of customer service in a service delivery setting
- Thorough and up to date knowledge of health and safety issues relating to the designated client group
- Experience of and understanding of customer focused assessments, support plans and risk assessments
- Thorough and up to date knowledge of welfare benefits for the designated client group
- Thorough and up to date knowledge of safeguarding vulnerable adults and children local policies, protocols and good practice
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Support Worker (Mental Health Services) please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear form you!
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.