CPRE Leicestershire aims to protect the beauty and tranquillity of our rural county and promote a sustainable and living countryside for future generations. To achieve this we take a proactive role on rural issues, working with key partners.
We are a branch of a national organisation, the Campaign to Protect Rural England, whose county-based branches campaign throughout England to influence decision making on a range of environmental and land-use issues.
At CPRE Leicestershire we have an opportunity for a Committee Administrator to assist in providing effective administration for the branch committee.
The administrator will be a freelance role working with CPRE Leicestershire’s chair, treasurer, volunteer co-ordinator and the other trustees.
- taking minutes of the charity's branch committee meetings and circulating once the chair has approved them;
- Sending out minutes, agenda and other papers for the branch committee meetings in liaison with the chair;
- liason with district groups re committee meetings;
- booking rooms for meetings as requested;
- overseeing the administration of meetings, including the Annual General Meeting, and helping to ensure that procedures are followed;
- attendance at meetings of branch committees;
- dealing with the branch email, including assessing content of mail and, where appropriate, forwarding to key volunteers and district groups for them to respond;
- being an advocate for the charity.
What we need from you:
You will work from home and as a freelancer will be responsible for all income tax, NI and/or other payments in connection with fees paid for the work.
This is an excellent opportunity to play a senior role in a respected local environmental organisation, applying your administrative skills and experience to make a real difference as part of a friendly and passionate group.
Ideally, we hope that you can offer us most of the qualities described below:
- an interest in the countryside
- excellent organisational and secretarial skills
- good attention to detail
- good written and verbal communication skills
- ability to work as a team member with a group of committed volunteers
- competence with IT including word processing, email, internet and databases
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role, please email a CV and covering letter to Caroline Pick
For an informal discussion about the role please call Tony Stott on 0116 2302715
For more information about the work of CPRE Leicestershireand other volunteering roles available,
Closing Date: Wednesday 1st August
Interview date: Monday 13thAugust
The English countryside is wonderful - help us