Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Driver/Carer to join our team in London. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and you will receive a salary of £22,500 per annum.
The Sundial Centre is a focus for community groups, user-led activities and social events, all in aim of encouraging individuals to maximise their health, wellbeing and independence and providing them with the necessary resources and opportunities.
The Driver/Carer role:
In this role you will be required to deliver a high quality service that promotes individual choice. You will provide transport to and from the Centre and take our clients on outings, ensuring that the journey is safe and enjoyable for all passengers.
Responsibilities of our Driver/Carer:
- Ensure that physical and emotional support needs of day care members are identified and met
- Take responsibility for high quality and user led key-working and care planning and updating electronic customer files on the system
- Work with the day care team to ensure that a diverse and high quality activities programme is delivered with active encouragement for participation
- Ensure departmental policies and procedures are followed in line with Health and Safety, Adult Safeguarding, and risk assessment processes
- Lead and promote a positive health and safety culture, ensuring, as far as practicable, that activities are carried out under your control and in accordance with Peabody Health and Safety policies and procedures. You may be required to undertake specific Health and Safety roles such as Fire Warden or First Aider as part of your duties
What we’re looking for in our Driver/Carer:
- Experience of working with older adults in a paid or unpaid setting; ability to engage older adults through interaction and have a understanding of issues associated with ageing
- Take responsibility, for high quality and user led key-working and care planning and updating electronic customer files on the system
- Experience in personal care provision; certified and experienced in moving and handling people
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Proven experience of operating a tail lift and associated safety equipment for wheelchair access in vehicles e.g. harnesses/clamps
- Mini-bus/passenger type vehicle driving experience
- Relevant Health and Social care Level 2 or equivalent
- Midas trained or willingness to undergo training
Closing date & time: 23 July 2018-5.00pm
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become our Driver/Carer please click ‘Apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST