- Fast Growth SME
- Progression opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a market respected, innovative UK based manufacturer. They are leading in design, development and manufacture of products within a niche market and looking at fast growth over the next 3-5 years. The ambition of the business is to continue with their impressive growth strategy and the FC role will be pivotal in assisting the UK business get to the next level.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for refining and improving finance and operational procedures and monitoring their implementation to insure compliance with Group financial and accounting procedures.
In particular, she/he will:
- Produce the monthly management accounts and reporting, communicate and explain monthly numbers to the management and to the Group
- Define and implement the local accounting procedures with Group support, such as: GL entries process, bank reconciliation, accrual & reserve policy, AP & payment control process, etc.
- Apply Group accounting guidelines and ensure compliance with local accounting regulations
- Manage relationships with local auditors
- Ensure accuracy and timely provision of annual and semi-annual accounts and consolidation package to be submitted to the Group
- Be responsible for the evolution of the inventory and costs control system (including active participation to the transition to the Group ERP) in order to meet the reporting and analytical standards expected by the Company's management and the Group
- Implement an adequate margin reporting and analysis by product/family/projects
- Take local responsibility and control of cycle-count procedure, inventory valuation and slow-moving inventory reserve policy
- Animate budgeting procedure locally and support the Company's management in the preparation of budget and semi-annual reforecasts
The Successful Applicant
You will be a qualified Accountant with a proven track record within a leadership finance role. Your background will ideally be within industry and specifically an SME environment and it would be advantageous to have experience working within an international group or manufacturing sector.
You will have a collaborative and proactive outlook and be comfortable working with senior stakeholders in different regions. You will have strong financial reporting skills and proven ability to deliver under tight deadlines and balance multiple objectives. Experience of delivering change, process improvement and identifying inefficiencies would be desirable as well as involvement in ERP systems implementation.
Above all, you will be an experienced and 'hands on' candidate that can demonstrate you are detail and deadline orientated and will be actively seeking a visible role in a fast-paced business in which to further your career to FD level. Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills are essential as is the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels.
What's on Offer
Good basic salary + bens
Ref Code: MPFEZ