After several false starts!
We still seek the services of a Car Mechanic to work on a huge variety of vehicles & preferably with knowledge of classic vehicles.
- an interest in cars and vans and how they work
- customer service skills for building trust and repeat business
- the ability to understand and fix the faults your customers describe
- strong practical skills for handling tools and machinery
- the ability to accurately follow written and spoken instructions
- the ability to quickly grasp new vehicle technologies and diagnostic aids
Your daily tasks may include:
- telling customers if repairs are needed and whether they're urgent
- working out the estimated time and cost for jobs
- checking stock levels and ordering parts
- carrying out standard servicing, repairs and maintenance
- road testing vehicles to check repairs
- fitting and servicing accessories like stereos and alarms
- keeping records