Storytelling & Digital Destinations Lead (Maternity cover)
Brook Street are currently recruiting for a Storytelling & Digital Destinations Lead. This is a 12 month Maternity cover contract role based in Reading.
The Storytelling Lead role is a pivotal one in CMO (central marketing organization) and requires someone that has a strong editorial background and content strategy expertise with proven experience in this field. A strong eye for content, design and detail is a must.
You will be running the editorial and content strategy, ensuring teams are aligned to the UK Narrative informed by our content resonance study, all brought to life in the storytelling and editorial rhythm you will run.
Purpose of the role:
- Own and run editorial rhythm alongside PR and Cross-priority marketing lead to ensure connected conversations are being had with our customers
- Run our 'Blogging champions' program across UK business with senior leaders, experts and sellers
- Build on existing narrative strategy looking for ways to expand business impact and add further value
- Ensure the bar of storytelling is high through a strong editorial, high quality on brand creative and SEO/UX optimized web experiences
- Put the customer at the heart of all content decisions whilst balancing the business priorities, articulate the importance of listening to customer conversations. Must be able to understand business priorities to maximize the impact of marketing execution
- Work with departments such as the Partner and Education teams to help steer and influence their content strategies and ensure they understand the UK narrative. Innovate on creative ideas to champion the messaging
- Run a monthly Global Community peer to peer connect sharing best practice and cross-pollinating ideas
- Manage the agency of record to deliver on all aspects of telling the most effective story to our customers (internal and external) in our content and on our web platforms:
- Creative web projects to simplify the customer journey (keeping accessibility and compliance front of mind)
- Development of podcasts
- Blog development and management
- Assist events team and marketing managers on creating content strategies for events and messaging
- Partner with analytics team to ensure content measurement is helping the team make data driven decisions
- Champion local publishing on our websites such as the Enterprise website
Experience & attributes required:
- Strong content strategy management background with knowledge of building and maintaining high performing blogs
- In-depth knowledge of SEO strategy
- Knowledge of UX and the importance of it in campaign development
- Managing agency relationships driving maximum value for investment
- An understanding of Social listening methods and how they can be used to form content strategy
- Proven stakeholder management, collaborative and strong people skills. Someone who brings people on a journey
- Strong presentation skills
- 10+ years proven experience in similar role
- Passionate, energetic and someone who can generate energy around projects and ideas; storytelling is a craft anyone can hone and this person should be able to tell that story confidentially across the business and lead people
- Strong organizational skills, multi-tasking ability and able to be calm under pressure due to ever changing priorities and tight deadlines
- English/marketing or related degree essential.
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays, discounted gym membership, use of the onsite health facility, access to online learning and training, free parking and an excellent subsidised restaurant.
Salary: up to £45,317 per annum plus end of contract bonus
Application Deadline: 9am Monday 9th July 2018