Payroll and Pension Administrator
7 days left
- Full Time
Payroll and Pension Administrator, based in Gobowen, Oswestry, offering a salary of £24,726. This is a permanent and full-time position.
We are an Ofsted “Outstanding” college. We support students with learning difficulties and disabilities to live the life they want and to be as independent as they can be. We work hard to develop the skills needed for employment and independent living - our aim is to recruit the best staff possible to deliver this first class experience to our students.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Pension and Payroll Administrator to join our College. You will provide an efficient and cost effective payroll function and a responsive service that supports the College, meets statutory, legal and contractual requirements
We are a Disability Confident employer and we offer a guaranteed interview scheme for suitable applicants.
The key role responsibilities are:
- Accurately administer all aspects of the payroll for c. 400 staff, within agreed timescales ensuring compliance with both statutory and legal requirements
- Ensure accurate and timely creation and submission of P60’s, P11d’s and year end.
- Administration of the defined benefit and auto enrolment pension schemes
- Secretary to the Pension Trustees Committee
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all statutory, legal and contractual returns
- Responsible for the preparation of the audits for the Inland Revenue and other statutory bodies
- Main contact for related external payroll audits
- Assist in the preparation of data required to complete the financial month end
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation affecting payroll, as well as HMRC rules and processes
- CIPP qualification or equivalent qualification – desirable but not essential
- Excellent knowledge of payroll legislation
- Extensive experience of using a Payroll system
- Experience of providing professional advice and guidance to staff
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Outstanding communication skills
- Highly motivated individual
- Works effectively with individuals/staff at all levels
- Approachable and engaging personal style
- Competent in MS Office
We can offer the right candidate a well-resourced and modern working environment, situated in a beautiful rural setting. We have a fantastic array of employee benefits including main-site shopping and leisure facilities, final salary pension scheme, flexible working arrangements, enhanced family friendly benefits, generous annual leave entitlement and continual professional development.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and adults at risk and expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
It is anticipated that interviews for this vacancy will take place on Wednesday 25th July 2018.