Lead Senior Support Worker UNIT66948
Lead Senior Support Worker UNIT66948
£18,895.50 per annum (£9.69 per hour)
37.5 hours per week
Car driver essential for this post
Join them as a Lead Senior Support Worker in Peasedown St John and help to make great things happen in the lives of adults with learning disabilities. This Role comes with full training, generous rewards, real career progression prospects and genuine job satisfaction.
"I am a young man who is moving to my own home in Peasedown St John. I enjoy gardening, swimming, bike rides, music, movies, walking and I have some work commitments too. I enjoy going on buses and trains to get out and about, but I also have my own car to do the usual things like shopping, visiting my family who are local and going on days out.
I am able to do my own cooking and housework with your support. I have learning disabilities and autism that is managed as part of my life.
I am supported by a team of men and women of different ages and experiences who help me to live as independently as possible and I am looking for some new people to join them. We are currently recruiting Support Workers and a Senior Support worker.
people who work with me tell my family they enjoy working with me. They are men and women of different ages and experiences. They get training from the company who employ them and they get to know my family too.
My team are helping me to achieve my goals and making my life happen".
Who they are
Our client is a leading national charity providing support to young people and adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs. They believe in championing the right of disabled people to live, work, socialise and participate in the community, free of discrimination and unnecessary boundaries.
Making it happen- Your Role
This is a responsible Role which is really varied, sometimes challenging and often fun. The job is all about giving people encouragement, guidance and support so they can live as independently as possible, make their own choices and do the things they enjoy.
On a daily basis, you will be required to:
• Lead and act as the first point of contact in the absence of the Service manage.
• Take responsibility for full and accurate communication at handover.
• Assist the Service Manager with the day to day supervision of Support Workers and where required undertake the formal supervision of Support Workers.
• Compile team rotas and activity plans as required by the Service Manager.
• Maintain and check the accuracy of the financial records of the people we support.
• Carry out ‘on-call’ duties when required.
• Model person centred practice and contribute to the induction and support of new and less experienced support worker colleagues.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested.
They welcome people from all walks of life to apply for a job with them. As a Senior some experience in a supervisory role within a Health and Social care environment would be highly desirable but a full comprehensive training programme and induction will be provided
Rewards and benefits
In return for your passion and commitment, they offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
• 20 days paid annual leave (plus bank holidays, pro-rata for part-time), which increases after 3 and 5 year's service
• Pension contribution
• Childcare vouchers
• Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
• Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
• Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
• Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.