Digital Ingest Technician
Main Job Purpose
We are looking to recruit a Digital Ingest Technician working within a team of highly talented and dynamic professionals on live and pre-recorded TV programmes. A cool head under pressure and an ability to get the job done correctly first time is essential for this role.
Position Location: Llanelli – UK
Tinopolis is one of the UK’s leading independent TV and Film production companies with offices and production companies in Wales, London, Glasgow, Washington DC and Los Angeles. We deliver over 500 hours of live and pre-recorded television programmes a year from our studios in Llanelli. Should you be successful in your application you will join a team of dedicated professionals where creativity, quality, reliability, and technical excellence are at the heart of everything we do.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
The Digital Ingest Technician is primarily responsible for the ingest, logging and management of digital video format files used within a live and pre-recorded post production TV studio facilities house. As a team member involved in the operation, this role will actively contribute to the efficient delivery of high quality programmes to our broadcast clients.
Ideally you will have recently completed a degree or Level 5 qualification in Media Production, Computing & IT, Electronics or similar course and are looking to join the industry working for a post production film department. You will need to be computer literate and confident to simultaneously work across different media projects. You will also be the first point of contact for the ingest and management of media files in a busy post production department so you will need to be organised, methodical and be able to communicate well with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Ingest digital video media files from newly captured P2 cards or restore archive library footage
- Help and support editors and production staff with their video editing workflow
- Downloading/ Uploading video files for viewing, delivery or further post production editing, including file re-wrapping and transfer
- Archive, back-up and restore video projects
- Basic maintenance and support for video servers and storage devices
- Contribute with the daily live running tasks of a busy post production department.
- Knowledge of file-based formats, workflows and technologies
- IT competency including network infrastructures and servers
- Digital video files, formats, codecs and wrappers.
- Digital video & audio signals, standards and processing
- Avid facilities (Interplay, ISIS, Media Composer, ProTools)
- Grass Valley Dyno Summit and Solo facilities
- Best practices in storage and transfer of files
- A friendly and approachable manner with a willingness to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Able to grasp new concepts readily
- Hands on, can-do service mentality
- Enthusiastic and flexible
- Welsh language skills are of benefit to this role due to the programmes being created and broadcast through the medium of Welsh.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK or EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Personal information we collect about you when applying for a job in Tinopolis:
If you are applying for a role with us, we will ask you to send us your CV. We will keep a copy of your CV on our files for three years, so we can contact you if there are future rising opportunities that we believe are legitimate interests to us and you. You can ask us to delete your personal data from our files at any time. For more information about our Data Protection Policy, see http://www.tinopolis.com/privacy-notice/
Salary: Dependant on experience
Contact: CV and letter of application to:
Or, email to: Swyddi@tinopolis.com
Closing date: 16th July 2018