Head Chef / Head Cook / Executive Chef
Job Title: Head Chef
Salary: £30,000 (include bonus)
Location: Cardiff, close to city centre (CF11 9NW)
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
The Company is an expanding group of five pubs in and around Cardiff, renowned for excellence and innovation in food delivery and gaining national recognition in the pub industry. They are currently seeking for a Head Chef to work at The Conway, an established Pontcanna pub, very popular within local residents as well as those travelling further afield to try them out.
They are looking for experienced candidates to assist with the day to day running of the business. Candidates who have proven experience in all areas of kitchen control, disciplines, menu planning and an innovative and experimental bias to their cooking skills in order to continue its kitchen's success. A passion for 'all things food' goes without saying.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cook creatively, consistently and enthusiastically
- Offer inspirational input into menu changes
- Achieve agreed GP%
- Ensure strict Health & Safety and EHO standards are maintained
- Recruit, train, manage and discipline all new & existing staff
- Ensure sections are organised, clean and conforming to standards of hygiene
- Supervise general cleaning duties as per the cleaning schedule
- Ensure food is stored in optimum conditions
- Ensure all areas of wastage are kept to a minimum
- Place food orders with suppliers, build relationships and be constantly aware of produce prices
- Supervise the checking and putting away of deliveries
- Work closely with restaurant staff to ensure excellent levels of service &
- maintain and build strong relationships between kitchen and floor
- Ensure all staff are aware of ingredients/presentation/cooking style of each dish
- Incentivise staff and participate in event planning
- Be aware of, and be proactively involved in social media networks
- Perform any reasonable work related tasks as requested by your manager or
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have the ability to give clear instructions and also to interpret and follow oral and written instructions
- Be able to lead and motivate a team
- Be able to work unsupervised and in a high pressure environment
- Have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and managers
- Be willing to work long hours while standing.
- Be able to carry bulky, heavy and hot items whilst observing manual handling guidelines
- Demonstrate a high level of cooking ability
- Have a passionate interest and inquisitiveness of food
- Demonstrate awareness of competition, both local & national
- Demonstrate good communication skills
- Have an outgoing & pleasant personality
- Have a clean, smart and tidy appearance in chef uniform
- Present a flexible approach to work.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Chef, Head Chef, Cook, Kitchen Manager, Catering Manager, Sous Chef, Head Cook, Senior Chef, Executive Chef, Senior Cook, Kitchen Manager and Brewery Kitchen Manager may also be considered for this role