Brook Street has a fantastic opportunity working with our client who is based Edinburgh's beautiful old town. Due to the growth of their business we are seeking a Technical Analyst within software experience. Within the role you will take responsibility in managing the delivery of R&D tax relief claims for UK Wide clients.
You will also be responsible for:
- Meeting clients, capturing project information and critically assessing it against HMRC's strict guidelines
- Producing Technical Reports that concisely and articulately summarise the case for receiving R&D tax relief. Each report must demonstrate the eligibility of projects in line with the legislation
- Compiling a second supporting document that captures relevant costs, ensuring accuracy and robustness
- Maintaining good communications with client staff during the claim process, and update internal systems as required
- Ensuring claims are concluded in an accurate and timely manner
- Participating in development projects, providing project management where required and assist with ad-hoc tasks as and when required
Our client is looking for a highly motivated self-starter, you will love to delve into lots of different types of businesses and quickly understand what they have been doing. We are looking for you to manage your own time and workload and work well with other team members. You will bring excellent verbal and written communication skills to the role and will thrive on delivering results in a quality environment. Most importantly, you will thrive in a constantly changing and growing small business, adopting a proactive approach and process to all that you do.
As part of your role and responsibilities you will meet up to 3 technology clients per week, analysing their use of technology from a research and development (R&D) perspective and then producing a written report that articulately summarises and captures the essence of your clients' use of technology, as well as their R&D eligibility.
You will also be responsible for supporting our growing sales team, some of whom will be based in the same office.
As a specialist is the field of software and IT, we are looking for the ideal candidate to confidently discuss the projects with clients. Our client is looking for their analyst to comfortably approach sales discussions and offer suggestions and have a commercial awareness which can enable you to liase with the existing team.
Within the role you will meet the client team and gather all information necessary to complete your technical report and to identify the advancement made in the field of software or IT.
Other criteria - essential
- Educated to degree level (Honours), in a software, IT, computing/numeric/scientific discipline
- Conversant with technical environments and full understanding of the software life cycle model
- A level of business awareness and technical experience commensurate with the role. This will typically be gained from 2 - 5 years' experience in software or IT project management, technical analysis, and development or consultancy roles with a minimum of 12 months' client facing consulting experience.
- Excellent presentation skills and a confident communication style that easily adapts to different company stakeholders
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Strong Excel numerical analysis
- Professional manner and confident in a customer-facing role
- Proven influencing skills/assertive skills
- Excellent documentation and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills (can plan and meet own timescales)
- Flexible nature and ability to adapt to different office environments and teams
- Ability to work long hours and/ or occasional overnight stops.
Other criteria - desired
- D. in a related and relevant subject
- Understanding of R&D tax relief scheme, and how it is critical to driving innovation in the UK.
33 days annual leave
If you have the above experience apply now