Learning and Development Manager / Learning Development Design
Job Title: L&D Design Manager
Salary: £51,000 plus car/allowance
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Purpose of the role:
- Responsible for ensuring all content and learning interventions support the business needs, learning outcomes and objectives in an engaging and interactive manner with demonstrable ROI or ROE. Provide management oversight of all project management of strategic and change requirements ensuring all solutions meet the project needs and are delivered to agreed timelines and milestones
- Provide a consistent high quality portfolio of blended training materials to support the global business and needs for the diverse workforce. Lead the way with new digital technologies and embrace and deliver the latest approach to digital learning
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Accountable for the line management and leadership of the design team (design, digital & project management) including all aspects of content creation, maintenance, planning, prioritisation, detailed analysis, solution strategy and methodology.
- Responsible for the creation of a range of learning solutions that are stimulating, engaging and effective through the use of recognised design principles e. ADDIE that achieve consistently high quality results that support the global strategy learning designs should consider the motivation to learn, learning retention and be cohesive.
- To recruit, develop and lead the L&D design team to achieve both business and personal objectives
- Manage, prioritise, plan and schedule the global design and content development for:
- Strategic, tactical and operational initiatives
- Change programme projects
- Support regional and local requirements
- Agree prioritisation of projects and design requirements
- Provide clear updates on progress of creation and timescales
- Work in collaboration with the delivery team to ensure materials are fit for delivery?
- Clear hand over of materials for delivery and into BAU
- Accountable for the collaboration and management of blended solutions sitting across the project, design and digital strands of the team.
- Ensuring that all materials created and designed support the agreed learning outcomes and objectives following through to a robust evaluation process and where possible measurement of return on investment or return on expectation
- Uses reporting on metrics and analytics, measuring the impact of L&D interventions and evaluation to drive continuous improvement, return on investment and best practise.
- Working in collaboration with HR Operation function to ensure the deployment of learning assets in the required repository e. LMS, Intranet or Internet and ensure appropriate communication strategy is applied
- Accountable for content maintenance ensuring content is catalogued with a managed review schedule assigned to each asset.
- Accountable for branding, consistency and quality control to ensure promotion of the L&D centre of excellence brand working in partnership with members of the L&D team to provide a consistent quality of materials service to the business.
- Work in partnership with Delivery Partner & Head of Talent and Leadership Development to:
The ideal candidate will be:
Learning and Development professional with proven experience of managing a busy design team with strong planning, design and methodology skills with a clear understanding or project management disciplines. Must be able to understand complex business requirements and strategies then translate into blended delivery solutions and align to L&D best practise. Skilled in the abilities to create a range of learning solutions that are stimulating, engaging and effective through the use of recognised design principles including CIPD qualifications. Must have a track record of designing digital learning solutions.
Requirements of the role:
- Proven experience of managing a busy design team
- Planning, design and methodology skills
- Project Management skills
- Appropriate CIPD qualifications
- Extensive knowledge of Digital learning trends
- Prince 2 practitioner - desirable
The Company is the UK's largest independent invoice finance specialist and a trusted provider of funding solutions to over 7,000 businesses. Through their network of 19 local offices, they handle annual client turnover of £5 billion since 2010, they have advanced more than £26bn to small and medium sized businesses throughout the country.
Formed in 1982, they are a member of the Asset Based Finance Association (ABFA) and support businesses in over 300 industry sectors. Globally, the company has operations in 44 locations, in 14 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, supporting more than 9,500 business customers worldwide.
In 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 the company was awarded a place in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For, ranking 48th in the most recent poll.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the Company's careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: L and D, Learning & Development, Training and Development Manager, Corporate Learning Manager, Head of Learning and Development, Learning and Development Content Creator, Training, Learning and Development Design Manager may also be considered for this role.