Senior Support Worker
Senior Support Worker
Hours:37.5 hours per week (5 days out of 7)
Report to: Unit Managers
Our client is a charity with the aim to enhance the lives of people who have complex epilepsy and related disabilities by ensuring they receive the support, expert care and encouragement required to build confidence, acquire new skills and maximise independence in their daily lives.
To assist in the personal, rehabilitative and social care of residents.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- · To fulfill all duties of a Support Worker role, as well as the Senior Support Worker role.
- · Assist the manager with the management of the team and organise the team in their absence.
- · To supervise and manage support workers and bank staff, including their appraisals, supervisions and induction where appropriate.
- · To support other senior staff and assist in the implementation of management decisions.
- · To assist support workers with the maintenance of essential documentation
- · Encourage communication to promote an open environment for discussion providing the opportunity for feedback.
- · To be available for on-call duties when required.
- · To take charge of the home as required. During the “on-call” period be responsible for the smooth running of the Meath, the welfare of the residents, staff and visitors.
- · To administer rescue medication and other prescribed “required need” medication.
- · To take charge of the Meath in an emergency and if necessary carry out an evacuation of the Meath in case of fire or other major incident.
The duties and responsibilities outlines above do not represent a full list of the tasks the post holder will be expected to perform.
Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications for this role:
- To be able to communicate with the General public, trustees, Professional bodies and all other parties.
- Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel and other operating systems.
- Be aware of CQC requirements & hold a relevant Health and Social Care Qualification or be willing to work towards a qualification.
- Take Responsibility/Work well independently as well as part of a team/ Flexible, Reliable and punctual/ willingness to attend and participate in relevant training to ensure that high operational and safety standards are maintained at all times.