4 days left
- Full Time
Hours:37.5 hours per week (5 days out of 7)
Report to: Unit Managers
Contract: Maternity Cover (9 months fixed term)
Our client is a charity with the aim to enhance the lives of people who have complex epilepsy and related disabilities by ensuring they receive the support, expert care and encouragement required to build confidence, acquire new skills and maximise independence in their daily lives.
To assist in the personal, rehabilitative and social care of residents.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- To provide the direct care provision for all aspects for of the individual resident’s assessed needs in line with their care plan.
- Follow all Policies and Procedures.
- Assisting individual residents, where needed, with personal care.
- Administering and storage of prescribed medication in line with legislation.
- Assisting individual residents with their mobility, where appropriate.
- Helping individual residents, where needed to feed themselves.
- Overseeing and helping, in the serving and the preparation of meals and drinks.
- Ensuring that each resident receives a well-balanced diet.
- Communicate and convey relevant information about the residents to team members, in order that the individual plan of care may be regularly updated and appropriate care given
- Paying attention to any changes observed in the resident’s physical, medical or psychological condition.
- Be aware of the steps to take in line with Safeguarding Adults at Risk Policies should an allegation of abuse be witnessed or made by you.
- To follow as appropriate the procedures of handling Medication including asking a senior member of staff to administer any drug prescribed “as required” which may include: analgesics, laxatives and diazepam.
- To follow as instructed any reasonable instruction given by your line manager, manager or senior manager as required.
The duties and responsibilities outlines above do not represent a full list of the tasks the post holder will be expected to perform.
Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications for this role:
- To be able to communicate with the General public, trustees, Professional bodies and all other parties.
- Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel and other operating systems.
- Be aware of CQC requirements & hold a relevant Health and Social Care Qualification or be willing to work towards a qualification.
- Take Responsibility/Work well independently as well as part of a team/ Flexible, Reliable and punctual/ willingness to attend and participate in relevant training to ensure that high operational and safety standards are maintained at all times.
Apply for Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly