Salary: Dependent on experience
Benefits: Free Parking, Subsidised canteen, Pension Scheme, Discount scheme on purchases from high street retailers
Hours: Full Time, Shift work
Our Client is a £160 million business which supplies cake and desserts in own brand to the Major Multiples. There are two sites in the North West at Bolton and Oldham. The Bolton site manufactures more commodity based products making for example slab cakes, and unit cake for a variety of retailers including many major supermarkets and also features some brand products.
The success of our client has further been recognised both by its peers and within its sector by being awarded a variety of awards including the Bakery Food Manufacturer of the year.
This is an exciting time of growth for our client, and this role will offer you the opportunity to join a customer focused team working on innovative ideas.
- Responsible for leading the afternoon shift team - people, materials, compliance, and labour cost in a culture of high performance.
- Promote a safety culture and ensure all health and safety requirements are met
- Contribute to the improvement of all environmental, health and safety standards.
- Maximise departmental performance
- responsible for achieving the production plan
- Host customer visits.
- Create and maintain a continuous improvement culture
- Proactively seek new and improved methods of working to increase efficiency in the overall production process.
- Ownership of product quality
- Maintain and improve GMP standards
- Adhere to good employment practices relative to legislation, policy, procedure and collective agreement
- Propose and present capital projects
- Employee development and people management including attendance improvement, performance improvement, discipline/grievance/appeals.
- Lead, coach and motivate a multi-skilled team to achieve individual and team development.
- Support the NPD and EPD agenda
The Ideal Candidate:
- 5 years’ experience in a manager position
- Food manufacturing experience highly preferred
- FMCG experience essential
- Degree or equivalent
- Proven leadership to achieve and exceed targets
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand data and convert into actions
- Resilient and evidence of building rapport and relationships
- Recent knowledge of environmental, Health & Safety, employment, quality and hygiene legislation
- Proven track record of continuous improvements and problem solving skills
- Commercial and financial acumen
- Working knowledge of BRC and retailer audit standards and procedures
- Ability to motivate and inspire the team to provide a solid platform to achieve operational standards
- Can do attitude
If you believe you are the ideal candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Production Manager, Team Leader, Food production, Production Team Leader. Manufacture, Production, Front Line, Management Vacancies, Production Vacancies, Team Leader Vacancies
Apply for Production Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly